Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Historic Photos (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Ol' Douglas Bamburg reveals a little something (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2042)

LateNight 07-10-2007 11:13 PM

Ol' Douglas Bamburg reveals a little something

LOL don't know that it means ANYTHING.. but our favorite poster of photos has revealed a little something... on the description of his Historic Photos group, he's quoting a little Grateful Dead :cool:

LOL maybe he's a Deadhead :)

Thanks again for all the great photos !! I love browsing through those pics.

Quote:

Don't tell me this town aint got no heart...when I can hear it beat out loud.
Love is shakin' down on shakedown street :)

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/shakedown.jpg

rhertz 07-10-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
LOL don't know that it means ANYTHING.. but our favorite poster of photos has revealed a little something... on the description of his Historic Photos group, he's quoting a little Grateful Dead :cool:

LOL maybe he's a Deadhead :)

Thanks again for all the great photos !! I love browsing through those pics.

You mean Sal?? Yeah, he's cool for posting the history pics... I have posted ONE so far! LOL, I'm in second place! :D

salguodgrubmab 07-14-2007 11:15 AM

Busted! I feel like the freshman senator from Louisiana. My dirty little secret is out. Went to my first Dead show in 1980, just curious to see what "the gawd-awful Grateful Dead" were all about. Boulder, Co. Hey man, drink this. What is it? Just drink it, man. About fifteen minutes later, hey what did I drink? Electric Mai-Tai, man. The "I" disappeared and became part of 'It". Those lofty notes have been part of my soundtrack ever since.

LateNight 07-14-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab
Busted! I feel like the freshman senator from Louisiana. My dirty little secret is out. Went to my first Dead show in 1980, just curious to see what "the gawd-awful Grateful Dead" were all about. Boulder, Co. Hey man, drink this. What is it? Just drink it, man. About fifteen minutes later, hey what did I drink? Electric Mai-Tai, man. The "I" disappeared and became part of 'It". Those lofty notes have been part of my soundtrack ever since.

Cool. been a fan of the dead since I was a little kid.. as a kid, it was all the great "stories" that the songs told that I enjoyed, later on thought the music was great. Saw my first Dead show around '86 or '87.

I still miss Jerry.

salguodgrubmab 07-15-2007 12:01 PM

In '87 a friend of mine knew a guy in Toledo who was "on the bus", so we caught the Amtrack, and headed north. We had rather insignificant funds so we buried a buck in one of those Grolsch beer bottles with the cork in the yard of the Marshall depot. Met up with him and drove to Detroit for a show at Joe Lewis. We decided to pool our cash and make shirts to sell on the lot because he knew a guy at a silk screen shop who would let us use his facility. After buying the tees and ink we had, to the penny, enough money for gas to Chicago, the ten dollar camping fee on the Horizon's parking lot, and one 12pk of Busch beer. We took the shirts, which were a tie-dye stealie on the front and the definition of GD lifted from the book Playin In The Band on the back and fanned out. We sold them for ten and made quite a bit. Mostly though we could now purchase something to eat as we hadn't eaten in a while. A bagel with cream cheese a cucumber slice and beansprouts. Ummm. Have not had one since but at the time it was the best thing on the planet. Anyway, we were able to get tickets and pay camp fees for all three nights in Chicago '87. We bought two hard rolls and four slices of salami for the train ride back with the rest of our change, and when we got back to Marshall we went looking for that buried buck. I'm glad I'm among friends here. Thanks

LateNight 07-15-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab
In '87 a friend of mine knew a guy in Toledo who was "on the bus", so we caught the Amtrack, and headed north. We had rather insignificant funds so we buried a buck in one of those Grolsch beer bottles with the cork in the yard of the Marshall depot. Met up with him and drove to Detroit for a show at Joe Lewis. We decided to pool our cash and make shirts to sell on the lot because he knew a guy at a silk screen shop who would let us use his facility. After buying the tees and ink we had, to the penny, enough money for gas to Chicago, the ten dollar camping fee on the Horizon's parking lot, and one 12pk of Busch beer. We took the shirts, which were a tie-dye stealie on the front and the definition of GD lifted from the book Playin In The Band on the back and fanned out. We sold them for ten and made quite a bit. Mostly though we could now purchase something to eat as we hadn't eaten in a while. A bagel with cream cheese a cucumber slice and beansprouts. Ummm. Have not had one since but at the time it was the best thing on the planet. Anyway, we were able to get tickets and pay camp fees for all three nights in Chicago '87. We bought two hard rolls and four slices of salami for the train ride back with the rest of our change, and when we got back to Marshall we went looking for that buried buck. I'm glad I'm among friends here. Thanks

Nice story there. My brothers, all older than me, had plenty of those stories. going back to early and mid '70's hitch hiking here and there, they saw the Dead at Watkin's Glenn with the Allman Brothers and The Band etc..

My story is nothing of the sort.. me, the wife and friends, drove from shreveport to Dallas and saw them at the Union Arena :) Stayed in a hotel and drove home the next day :)

When it comes to the Dead, sometimes I think I was born a decade too late ;)

salguodgrubmab 07-15-2007 12:59 PM

Good show I sat behind Billy and Mickey, the drummers, as they played in the round. Brent brought out his little daughter and sat her beside him on the bench and sang her I will take you home. I downloaded it off etree not too long ago and it will teary up your eyes and lighten up your heart. By that stage, after Touch caught the MTV crowd, the scene had changed, but that was a good night. Bobby's looks like rain also a gem from the show. Wow, Watkins! There is a sound check off the box set of the boys and the bros jamming. A must. The ABB are better now than ever. If you ever get a chance...

guitarman 07-15-2007 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was never able to see the Dead but it sounds like you guys are well in touch with some good music. I too think we are in the same age group.
Attachment 968
The Wise Man (Mike) R.I.P. the both of ya :(