Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health & Wellness (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119)

Sheba 05-25-2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Well now ! Just when they could not think of another way to alter the human body you find out that you are dead wrong :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

And to think, we used to just starve ourselves to look like the magazine pix. I am really concerned about the level of insecurity women in society have today - bodies have become the ultimate idol to worship. It must look "perfect" or it is completely flawed. Even if you lose the "feel good" part?!?! There's no being happy with who we are. Most scary for my daughter & her young generation.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 08:13 AM

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity :clap:

Pocahontas 05-25-2007 10:13 AM

This is an alarming and unnecessary procedure! I guess after getting new boobs, and having lipo and tummy tucks...this is all that's left to "fix"!

mixmaster 05-25-2007 08:06 PM

I think there is something to be said for natural laugh lines and crinkles at the eye-lids. Where is the love in a frozen smile?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixmaster
I think there is something to be said for natural laugh lines and crinkles at the eye-lids. Where is the love in a frozen smile?

Hey Mix you could say alot for me then :eek: Been a fisherman all my life and long hours in the boat and the back of my neck looks like a road map with sun lines in it. I covered up the rest of my lily white self from the sun with cotton fishing clothes. What would Mr. Tyler say ? "The lines on my face are getting clearer " :eek: Dream on, dream on :D

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:01 PM

I totally missed this post so I will give my .03 I personally feel if you want it do it and no one should care since it's not their decision. I would want plastic surgery which area I won't discuss but if I could afford it I would do it. I know in this area most people are VERY PLASTIC/FAKE/SOME TYPE OF SURGERY so I am in the minority here. My insurance won't cover mine and yes it's something that I really need not want but need.

If people have fake boobs, tummy tuck, longer GENITAL area, no more wrinkles who cares? It's their body to do what they want and if it makes them look better it's NOYDB!!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 09:08 PM

I would have to think long and hard before I will let the doctor use the knife but I am all for the ones that want or need it. I am sure they could do some work on me but for now I will let old man time inch me down the track. Yes I know it is none of my business but after knowing some folks that have been there and watching the TV shows it is fun to guess what is real and what is not we all people watch anyway. ;)

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

I would have to think long and hard before I will let the doctor use the knife but I am all for the ones that want or need it. I am sure they could do some work on me but for now I will let old man time inch me down the track. Yes I know it is none of my business but after knowing some folks that have been there and watching the TV shows it is fun to guess what is real and what is not we all people watch anyway. ;)

and most men like the "fake" stuff its more attractive for some reason :D I am totally real here but if i could do the fake stuff i honestly would

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
and most men like the "fake" stuff its more attractive for some reason :D I am totally real here but if i could do the fake stuff i honestly would

It is the curve that makes us men mad as a March Hare :banana: Tig ole bitties and cups on the pound cakes :D

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

It is the curve that makes us men mad as a March Hare :banana: Tig ole bitties and cups on the pound cakes :D

Well from statistics they like the "smaller" ones ........:cool: Right rhertz?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-25-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Well from statistics they like the "smaller" ones ........:cool: Right rhertz?

I just saw rhertz out at the restaurant having some Tex Mex with the wife and two kids. He was on his short leash :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Such a very nice family.

scarlett 05-25-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

I just saw rhertz out at the restaurant having some Tex Mex with the wife and two kids. He was on his short leash :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Such a very nice family.

:rotflmao::rotflol::exclaim:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-26-2007 08:19 AM

It would seem that place is the new watering hole for locals. I must have seen a dozen people that I know in that place. Very good food and a very nice atmosphere and great service. Nice change from most of the chain restaurants in town. I bet rhertz is still sleeping :laugh:

Texasbelle 05-26-2007 09:47 AM

Did you have the tableside guacamole???? It's my favorite. The only place they make it better is Boudreaux's in San Antonio. .

Isaac-Saxxon 05-26-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Did you have the tableside guacamole???? It's my favorite. The only place they make it better is Boudreaux's in San Antonio. .

I would not have missed it. Sorry I will never see Boudreaux's in San Antonio but this will do. One of the people eating with us did not like the flavor of the onions in the guacamole :rolleyes:

rhertz 05-26-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Well now ! Just when they could not think of another way to alter the human body you find out that you are dead wrong :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

I don't normally watch this show, but I did see an episode of Dr. 90210 where the Brazilian doctor gave his own employee such an operation. Even if someone was bent on getting such a procedure done, I think I might find someone else other than my boss to do it.

rhertz 05-26-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

I would like to add my vote and say that I don't like the fake stuff. I like things real. If everybody looked the same with perfect bodies, how boring that would be. Now if you need it to remain physically or mentally healthy, then so be it. I'm glad we have plastic surgeons...

rhertz 05-26-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Yeah sorry we didn't stop and speak. My wife is scared of Internet people!! LOL, just kidding... Seriously, thanks for the kind words.

Actually I think we were both in shock in not having to wait for a table on a Friday night. We just walked right in and that totally threw me off guard. The kids had their PSP's and iPod's and were all prepared to camp out for an hour or so..... :D

rhertz 05-26-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Nice change from most of the chain restaurants in town.

You may find it amusing to learn that this "gourmet" resturant is owned by the El Chico chain. But I agree and we really like the joint. My $11 Patron rita was also very good. I wish I could have afforded 2 of them, but I'm not paying $44 for 2 drinks for wifey and I...

Pocahontas 05-26-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I would like to add my vote and say that I don't like the fake stuff. I like things real. If everybody looked the same with perfect bodies, how boring that would be. Now if you need it to remain physically or mentally healthy, then so be it. I'm glad we have plastic surgeons...

I have always heard that too rhertz that men like the real deal, so I was surprised by Scarlett's thoughts on that one.:beerchug: Cheers for the real McCoys!

scarlett 05-26-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I have always heard that too rhertz that men like the real deal, so I was surprised by Scarlett's thoughts on that one.:beerchug: Cheers for the real McCoys!

What I was saying was MEN prefer the "smaller" ones meaning boobs. They don't like the larger ones as much this is real statistics. SO all you ladies with A, B, C and D you are the preferred. Anything larger most men don't like.

Texasbelle 05-26-2007 09:49 PM

Oh Rhertz I saw that show where Dr. Rey did that operation on his employee. It was hilarious to me. I could not believe it when she went back to work, walked in the door, and just raised her skirt up for all the office to see what he did!

rhertz 05-26-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Oh Rhertz I saw that show where Dr. Rey did that operation on his employee. It was hilarious to me. I could not believe it when she went back to work, walked in the door, and just raised her skirt up for all the office to see what he did!

Yes modesty has a different meaning out there in California it would seem... I thought that employee looked fine before the procedure but then again, they pixelate the parts that they are working on so nobody really knows what the before and after looks like anyway..

Pocahontas 05-26-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Yes modesty has a different meaning out there in California it would seem... I thought that employee looked fine before the procedure but then again, they pixelate the parts that they are working on so nobody really knows what the before and after looks like anyway..

If you are having your private parts redone you don't know the meaning of modesty! :rolleyes:

Texasbelle 05-27-2007 08:20 PM

Oh Pokie, you would have to see this episode of Dr. 90210 to truly appreciate what this girl had done. I laughed till I cried when I watched it. I had to call my gf and get her to watch it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and that someone would actually have it done. AND if you are going to have it done, why would you let it be recorded on TV for the whole world to see?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-28-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Oh Pokie, you would have to see this episode of Dr. 90210 to truly appreciate what this girl had done. I laughed till I cried when I watched it. I had to call my gf and get her to watch it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and that someone would actually have it done. AND if you are going to have it done, why would you let it be recorded on TV for the whole world to see?

Turn them upside down and they all look like sisters :laugh: :laugh: So why don't you smile for the camera :D

Texasbelle 05-28-2007 03:55 PM

She did Isaac for the whole world on camera!! Upside down too!

Isaac-Saxxon 05-28-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

She did Isaac for the whole world on camera!! Upside down too!

Did she smile for the camera ? :D :D :D :D

Texasbelle 05-28-2007 09:13 PM

Smiled and winked!:flirt:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-29-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Smiled and winked!:flirt:

Well behaved women rarely make history :eek: Wink,wink,wink :laugh: