Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Government & Politics (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who would be your pick if you had to choose a hollywood star for President? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1244)

rhertz 04-25-2007 10:15 PM

Who would be your pick if you had to choose a hollywood star for President?

Why do we sometimes elect hollywood stars? such as Ronald Regan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sonny Bono, Fred Dalton Thompson, etc.

I'll go first. For me it would be a toss up between Dennis Miller or else Gary Sinise.

Santabot 04-25-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Why do we sometimes elect hollywood stars? such as Ronald Regan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sonny Bono, Fred Dalton Thompson, etc.

I'll go first. For me it would be a toss up between Dennis Miller or else Gary Sinise.

I don't think that Ahnold would be too bad, imo.

If it weren't for the requirements, I seriously imagine him at least running for president in 2008 or later.

purpahurl 04-25-2007 10:25 PM

Ronald Reagan

That's an interesting question. Ronald Reagan had the gift of being a great communicator. When the Democrat controlled congress wouldn't go his way heis up would get in front of the camera and tell the people what he wanted to do and why. Unfortunatly Bush does not have that skill. i dont know if there is a star out there now that is up to the task.

Al Swearengen 04-25-2007 10:52 PM

Hell, thats easy...Clint Eastwood...I did'nt even have to think about it!

rhertz 04-25-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Hell, thats easy...Clint Eastwood...I did'nt even have to think about it!

Too bad "the Duke" is no longer with us. President Wayne sounds pretty good to me. I'd even be ok with a woman Vice President Hepburn

cosmo kramer 04-26-2007 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Brian Fellows! THATS CRAZY!:rolleyes:

cosmo kramer 04-26-2007 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OR better yet, Steve Martin. His campaign opener -"My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi."

Santabot 04-26-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl
That's an interesting question. Ronald Reagan had the gift of being a great communicator. When the Democrat controlled congress wouldn't go his way heis up would get in front of the camera and tell the people what he wanted to do and why. Unfortunatly Bush does not have that skill. i dont know if there is a star out there now that is up to the task.

Actually, as governor, he was an excellent debater and had amazing abilities as a public speaker. As for his content: that's debatable in itself.

There's no doubt he's aged since then, and maybe his extreme drug record in his past has caught up with him (I don't do coke, don't ask me for that info) and he's also becoming less able to say what he wants (not that I think he has much to say or an opinion for himself anymore) without being dogged by press and citizens.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-26-2007 01:14 PM

I would choose George C. Scott

1 Attachment(s)
He might just be what America needs at this time :clap:

Attachment 391

BrainSmashR 04-26-2007 03:39 PM

PROUD to say I have never cast a single vote for an entertainer.

Pocahontas 04-26-2007 04:29 PM

David Letterman....we could use some humor!!!:laugh: :laugh: