Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Ice Road Truckers (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1966)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 04:22 PM

Ice Road Truckers

2 Attachment(s)
Those crab boys just think they have it bad. These Ice Road Truckers that drive over frozen lakes and never know when they will find a crack in the ice.
I see where they are going to make a TV series out of this too.
http://www.history.com/minisite.do?c...Ice%2520Trucks

Attachment 858

Attachment 859

rhertz 07-02-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Those crab boys just think they have it bad. These Ice Road Truckers that drive over frozen lakes and never know when they will find a crack in the ice.
I see where they are going to make a TV series out of this too.

This show could not hold a match to what crab fishermen go though. No competition whatsoever.

Imagine an ice trucker with a crew of 6. The other 5 guys are outside while you are driving the "steel horse". Your crew then uses a crane to pull cars that drive by up into the air, shake them until all the people come out, then set the empty car back on the road, all while going 60mph. Then you gotta keep your "catch" alive until offloading.

Ice Trucking can be summarized in one sentence!

WHATEVER YOU DO, JUST DON'T STOP....KEEP GOING!! :D

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
This show could not hold a match to what crab fishermen go though. No competition whatsoever.

Imagine an ice trucker with a crew of 6. The other 5 guys are outside while you are driving the "steel horse". Your crew then uses a crane to pull cars that drive by up into the air, shake them until all the people come out, then set the empty car back on the road, all while going 60mph. Then you gotta keep your "catch" alive until offloading.

Ice Trucking can be summarized in one sentence!

WHATEVER YOU DO, JUST DON'T STOP....KEEP GOING!! :D

Crab fishing/Crawfishing :laugh: These truckers are all alone dealing with real life situations. If you do stop it might be the last time.

rhertz 07-02-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Crab fishing/Crawfishing :laugh: These truckers are all alone dealing with real life situations. If you do stop it might be the last time.

What, the Coast Guard won't give em a ride in their choppers?? LOL, probably because they won't need one until next spring's thawout. :D

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:21 PM

Rhertz, I think you are a little too obsessed with the crabbers.:D Life does get more exciting than that, I promise!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Rhertz, I think you are a little too obsessed with the crabbers.:D Life does get more exciting than that, I promise!

One day in the cold and rhertz would be a ice cube. Nothing some Grey Goose could not fix. Tbelle how do you do in the cold :laugh: turn to paste ?

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

One day in the cold and rhertz would be a ice cube. Nothing some Grey Goose could not fix. Tbelle how do you do in the cold :laugh: turn to paste ?

T'belle does not do cold. I'm a beach and sand kind of girl. I love too be in the swimsuit not the snowsuit. The only good that comes out of the cold weather is "getting warm again"!!!!:D :D :D

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

T'belle does not do cold. I'm a beach and sand kind of girl. I love too be in the swimsuit not the snowsuit. The only good that comes out of the cold weather is "getting warm again"!!!!:D :D :D

Hey White Girl I know you get cold Mrs. Isaac is the same way. She gets cold in the middle of summer. Comes with age. Poor circulation :laugh: Cold can be real good too. ;)

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:48 PM

White girl??????????? I'll put these tan stilts up against your stubby white legs any day! Then I suppose and only then would you understand what white really is!:laugh: :laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

White girl??????????? I'll put these tan stilts up against your stubby white legs any day! Then I suppose and only then would you understand what white really is!:laugh: :laugh:

Hey Tbelle when did you get those blue stilettos ? Nice tan you have there Snow White :laugh: May be time for some spray tan :eek:
Attachment 866

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Isaac...do you really think these legs of yours can win????????

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Hey Isaac...do you really think these legs of yours can win????????

Next to you ? Yes :laugh: Now it time to hear from the Indian Woman ;)

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 07:01 PM

It was also time for a summer shoe!!!

Snow Man 07-02-2007 07:05 PM

You folks down south need to get on one of those eighteen wheelers and come up here for a snow party. Pokie has extra deer skin. Tbelle well you will have to stay in the truck with the heater on and you can of spray tan.
See you folks soon.
SM :cool:

rhertz 07-02-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Ms Belle, operating a crab boat is like running any small business.......in a jail cell, mounted to a roller coaster, during an ice storm, with plenty of government regulation! What else could be more scary? What else could be more inspiring to the soul of a businessman?

It's cold out there, but there is plenty to eat. ($5k grocery bills)

There is no art on the walls, the Bering Sea is a living canvas. The open ocean calls to me like a Sea Elf.

There are no women on board with their opinions or high heels, just lots of crabs and maybe a handful of ex-convicts, who aren't so bad after you get to know em. (ducking)

It's like the iChing for business captains, what else can I say?

May your pots be full, and your season short! If that's not enough, please allow me to take you and Mr Belle to Joe's crab shack for opillio, tanner, or baradi crab (no telling which type of snow crab they sell - probably Russian, LOL) But its all good!