Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health & Wellness (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Suggested running routes for beginners? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225)

Mudbug 09-03-2006 11:51 PM

Suggested running routes for beginners?

I started running last year to get in better shape, then fell back into my old pattern of fattening up in front of the TV. Now that we're back on the slope to slightly cooler weather, I'm thinking about picking up the running again to get back into some semblance of shape.

What I'm interested in is routes people would recommend for getting a decent distance for a beginner that isn't too strenuous. I'm also looking for something that's got a little more appeal than just walking a local running track at a school (what I did before).

Bob 09-03-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudbug
I started running last year to get in better shape, then fell back into my old pattern of fattening up in front of the TV. Now that we're back on the slope to slightly cooler weather, I'm thinking about picking up the running again to get back into some semblance of shape.

What I'm interested in is routes people would recommend for getting a decent distance for a beginner that isn't too strenuous. I'm also looking for something that's got a little more appeal than just walking a local running track at a school (what I did before).

what about along the river front in shreveport ? they have a nice trail, and I'm always seeing folks running or bicycling down that trail.

Bob

Santabot 04-29-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob
what about along the river front in shreveport ? they have a nice trail, and I'm always seeing folks running or bicycling down that trail.

Bob

Indeed, I've been up and around there plenty.

Try to work around your neighborhood a bit, maybe try LSUS or a different school than what you're used to. Any of the parks around shreveport are excellent as well, Betty Virginia and Clyde Fant, among others.

If anyone has any other that are really nice, let me know too, I'm interested.

Pocahontas 04-29-2007 08:28 PM

Mike Wood Park in Bossier is a good place to walk/run. It has a one mile walking path around the park. You can see the base and planes taking off etc. It's interesting and a change of scenary. I enjoy walking on the BC river levee as well.:)

LateNight 04-29-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Mike Wood Park in Bossier is a good place to walk/run. It has a one mile walking path around the park. You can see the base and planes taking off etc. It's interesting and a change of scenary. I enjoy walking on the BC river levee as well.:)

Ohh.. WAY BACK IN THE DAY, I used to run a few laps around that Mike Wood Park.. way back... when... :D

Santabot 04-30-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Ohh.. WAY BACK IN THE DAY, I used to run a few laps around that Mike Wood Park.. way back... when... :D

Don't think I've ever been that way.. not in Bossier much..

Arthur Teague area behind centurytel is a nice place though