Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Family & Home (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's next? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2528)

Jesse 08-30-2007 09:04 AM

What's next?

They've outlawed dodge ball, red rover, and now this......

An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.

Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the ban but most parents and children didn't object.

In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact. School officials said the move encouraged more students to play games and helped reduce playground squabbles.

Pocahontas 08-30-2007 09:59 AM

That is so ridiculous! What will they ban next...swinging and sliding?:rolleyes:

Jesse 08-30-2007 11:10 AM

OH......
Swings left school yard playgrounds in the early 90's and slides 2-3 years after that. I got into trouble (after being instructed to have an ORGANIZED and PLANNED recess period) for leading and participating in a game of duck, duck, goose. It caused hurt feelings and some children hurt their hineys sitting down too hard on the grass! Jump ropes went by the way side as they were considered "weapons"......
After sitting still, listening, trying to pay attention and follow directions for hours, these kiddos NEED to get out and run around and whoop and holler. It's like recess has now become another time to sit quietly, speak kindly, line up, and get ready to sit quietly, pay attention, and follow directions.
AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
:mad!:

LateNight 08-30-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 20519)
That is so ridiculous! What will they ban next...swinging and sliding?:rolleyes:

Swinging !?? Sliding!??? are you kidding ?? you could poke your eye out !!

:cool:

Pocahontas 08-30-2007 02:15 PM

I am out of touch! But now that I'm thinking about it I don't recall seeing swings or slides in a while! What about that tether ball pole? Too dangerous might knock someone's eye out as well?

PC Guy 08-30-2007 04:28 PM

You're It!
No, You're It!
No, You are!
Am Not!
Are so!
Quit breaking the law!
I'm not breaking the law!
Are so!
Am Not!
I'm going to be a lawyer when I grow up.
No I am!
No I am!
No I am!

Texasbelle 08-30-2007 06:05 PM

Can you imagine how warped this kids are going to be now that they are going to have to grow up without Red Rover, Tag, Duck Duck Goose, and the such? It's a sad place this world has come to.:nono:

Isaac-Saxxon 08-30-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20543)
Can you imagine how warped this kids are going to be now that they are going to have to grow up without Red Rover, Tag, Duck Duck Goose, and the such? It's a sad place this world has come to.:nono:

Next thing you know they will not let them play doctor :eek:

Huldah 08-30-2007 07:05 PM

I really hate to be told to shut up and color!

No wonder there is so much violance in schools.:nono:

Cheers

rhertz 08-30-2007 08:59 PM

Is Marco Polo still legal? :D