Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Family & Home (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving!! (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3103)

rhertz 11-21-2007 01:22 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!!
 
Life isnít perfect, but I have a lot to be thankful for this year. My family is doing well. No divorce, accidents, or deaths this year. My kids are making good grades. Business is good and getting better. My faith is strong as ever, and Iím thankful for that. I live in the greatest democracy on earth (despite all the press). My table is full and so is my tummy (or soon will be). Not everyone is that fortunate, I can tell that by watching and reading the news everyday. Its good to be blessed, and its great to be blessed in America, the land of opportunity!




Sorry for thinking out loudÖÖIím just trying to psyche myself into getting up at 2am to put the turkey on the smoker!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Pocahontas 11-21-2007 01:43 PM

Are you having the turkey for breakfast:confused:

Isaac-Saxxon 11-21-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25188)
Life isnít perfect, but I have a lot to be thankful for this year. My family is doing well. No divorce, accidents, or deaths this year. My kids are making good grades. Business is good and getting better. My faith is strong as ever, and Iím thankful for that. I live in the greatest democracy on earth (despite all the press). My table is full and so is my tummy (or soon will be). Not everyone is that fortunate, I can tell that by watching and reading the news everyday. Its good to be blessed, and its great to be blessed in America, the land of opportunity!




Sorry for thinking out loudÖÖIím just trying to psyche myself into getting up at 2am to put the turkey on the smoker!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Have it for dinner.

Texasbelle 11-21-2007 03:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL my SB Friends!!!!

I, too, have much to be thankful for in my life. My children and husband are healthy and happy. Life is good. We live in the best nation in the world. I am most thankful for Jesus Christ as my Savior because without him ALL of this would not be possible.

piemaker720 11-21-2007 03:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Happy Thanksgiving To All
May you all have a good day and have plenty to eat.:pray::pray:


Attachment 1864 Attachment 1865

Attachment 1866
Attachment 1867

Attachment 1868

Pocahontas 11-21-2007 04:08 PM

So how many pies have you been baking Piemaker? I've got my sweet potato in now! Smelling good too!

rhertz 11-21-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 25193)
Have it for dinner.

I'm cooking lunch for 12.....

howela 11-21-2007 04:11 PM

Thank you for thinking out loud
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25188)
Life isnít perfect, but I have a lot to be thankful for this year. My family is doing well. No divorce, accidents, or deaths this year. My kids are making good grades. Business is good and getting better. My faith is strong as ever, and Iím thankful for that. I live in the greatest democracy on earth (despite all the press). My table is full and so is my tummy (or soon will be). Not everyone is that fortunate, I can tell that by watching and reading the news everyday. Its good to be blessed, and its great to be blessed in America, the land of opportunity!




Sorry for thinking out loudÖÖIím just trying to psyche myself into getting up at 2am to put the turkey on the smoker!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Well said, well said.... Happy Thanksgiving to all.

rhertz 11-21-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25190)
Are you having the turkey for breakfast:confused:

Girl I ain't baking no turkey, I'm Slooooooooowww SMOKIN' it! Seven or eight hours ought to do it... Sometimes I even finish it off in the oven for an hour or two...

rhertz 11-21-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 25194)
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL my SB Friends!!!!

I, too, have much to be thankful for in my life. My children and husband are healthy and happy. Life is good. We live in the best nation in the world. I am most thankful for Jesus Christ as my Savior because without him ALL of this would not be possible.

Happy Thankgiving Tbelle! I wish you and your family a very happy holiday season. Yes I forgot to mention my SB friends... I'm even thankful for joepole. I might be a point or two smarter this year! :p

piemaker720 11-21-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 25200)
So how many pies have you been baking Piemaker? I've got my sweet potato in now! Smelling good too!

Well Pokie I done 2 chocolate, 2 lemon ice box, 2 peanut butter, and an extra huge bannana pudding [ I had to double it 4 times] homemade choclate pudding, and a pumpkin. Now I'm tired. I also done dressing except for baking it, english pea salad. Now I'm resting.

rhertz 11-21-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 25208)
Well Pokie I done 2 chocolate, 2 lemon ice box, 2 peanut butter, and an extra huge bannana pudding [ I had to double it 4 times] homemade choclate pudding, and a pumpkin. Now I'm tired. I also done dressing except for baking it, english pea salad. Now I'm resting.

Job well done!!! :clap: We have a couple of pumpkin pies in the works complete with homemade whipped cream...

BTW, is there any difference between "heavy cream" and "whipping cream"... I know we ain't talkin' half-n-half here. :D

piemaker720 11-21-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25216)
Job well done!!! :clap: We have a couple of pumpkin pies in the works complete with homemade whipped cream...

BTW, is there any difference between "heavy cream" and "whipping cream"... I know we ain't talkin' half-n-half here. :D

Heavy cream has a milk fat content of between 36 and 40 percent. Whipping cream will double in volume when whipped. whipping cream has 30Ė36% fat. One has more fat content is all.

rhertz 11-21-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 25218)
Heavy cream has a milk fat content of between 36 and 40 percent. Whipping cream will double in volume when whipped. whipping cream has 30Ė36% fat. One has more fat content is all.

OK, Ms. Hertz is right and I'm wrong. No big deal. I'm a man and I can admit that......in public...to what is it? two million readers? LOL....

piemaker720 11-21-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 25221)
OK, Ms. Hertz is right and I'm wrong. No big deal. I'm a man and I can admit that......in public...to what is it? two million readers? LOL....

I'm proud of you. It takes a good man :laugh: to admit when he is wrong.:peace:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com