Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   If you could live anywhere (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289)

scarlett 09-18-2006 08:43 PM

If you could live anywhere

WHere could/would you live?

scarlett 09-18-2006 09:07 PM

people read these posts, why not reply or vote on this one? it's a matter of a click nothing more CLICK

come on people you are here reading, just click the vote button i made an option I believe for everyone.

kansast 09-18-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
people read these posts, why not reply or vote on this one? it's a matter of a click nothing more CLICK

come on people you are here reading, just click the vote button i made an option I believe for everyone.

Apparently you have to be LOGGED in to vote. If you are just a visitor to the site, you see the poll RESULTS.

If I had my way, I think I'd like to live in some small town u.s.a, somewhere UP NORTH, maybe 'mid west' or more west.. not back east. And have enough money to live comfortably and maybe run a hardware store or something like that. Living on some nice Ocean Front beach property would be nice too :-) while I'm dreaming.

geodood 09-18-2006 11:01 PM

I really like the "organic" nature of Louisiana. Next to Hawaii, it is one the the more tropical places in the US, and a LOT cheaper to live in. Plus we got possums and armadillos.... what else could you wish for?

kansast 09-18-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geodood
what else could you wish for?

COOLER WEATHER! o.k. I'll admit it here for all to hear. I'm a transplanted YANKEE ! Born in New Jersey, conceived in Baton Rouge, LA . Take that for what it's worth :cool:

But I have lived in the Shreveport-Bossier area so long, got to calling it home.
And there are certainly things I do like about it. But oh how I long for a real WINTER! And the summers around hear are tough. Yup, give me some small town u.s.a just a little farther up north.

Kansast

scarlett 09-19-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansast
COOLER WEATHER! o.k. I'll admit it here for all to hear. I'm a transplanted YANKEE ! Born in New Jersey, conceived in Baton Rouge, LA . Take that for what it's worth :cool:

But I have lived in the Shreveport-Bossier area so long, got to calling it home.
And there are certainly things I do like about it. But oh how I long for a real WINTER! And the summers around hear are tough. Yup, give me some small town u.s.a just a little farther up north.

Kansast

You know Florida has ONE season, SUMMER 24/7 365 days Be glad you at least get snow sometimes and you can wear a sweater too!!!

rhertz 09-19-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlett
Be glad you at least get snow sometimes and you can wear a sweater too!!!

I can't remember the last time it snowed in Shreveport. It used to snow every few years back in the 60's and 70's. I remember one particularly nice snow in 1978. About 8 inches as I recall.

geodood 09-19-2006 09:14 PM

We live in a beautiful pair of cities!

http://www.bandwise.com/am/shreveportbossierskyline.jpg
(1.46MB Hi-Res jpg image of Shreveport Bossier Skyline)

geodood 09-19-2006 10:46 PM

While I'm at it, here is a really cool time lapse video of the Shreveport Bossier Skyline. This mpg file is 3MB in size.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/sho...t_id=42&gid2=0

Ol' Blue Eye 09-20-2006 12:09 PM

It is not important where we live...

...What is important is how we live and what we contribute.

Rough Rider 09-20-2006 02:33 PM

Yes, that timelapse video is pretty cool. What gets me of that panarama of the city.. is how FREAKIN' FLAT everything is. Too bad there aren't any MOUNTAINS on that horizon :cool:

geodood 09-20-2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Blue Eye
...What is important is how we live and what we contribute.

Well said Ol' Blue Eye. This is why I enjoy contributing to sites like this. I wish I had more to offer. I'm thinking of creating a podcast or maybe an video animation of some sort. I wish there were more hours in the day to create and share new things.

geodood 09-20-2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Yes, that timelapse video is pretty cool. What gets me of that panarama of the city.. is how FREAKIN' FLAT everything is. Too bad there aren't any MOUNTAINS on that horizon :cool:

LOL, bite your tongue! Cell phone service is bad enough around here without moutainous terrain! ;) Oh the other hand, if there were mountains, usually the tops are covered with cell phone antennas perched on top. So maybe I'm wrong, and Cingular would find it easier to "build towers". Oh nevermind, yea some mountains would be nice. :) I always like the Willow Ridge area on Cross Lake which I guess is a bluff (closest thing we have to a mountain)

joepole 09-21-2006 01:47 PM

Snow in Shreveport

The last time it snowed in Shreveport enough to stick was around New Years 2000-2001.

kansast 09-21-2006 02:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
The last time it snowed in Shreveport enough to stick was around New Years 2000-2001.

yes, I remember it well. if I remember right it was broadcast on ESPN during the Independence Bowl.

image 1
Even had time to make a sad little snow man before it all melted.

image2
Taz the wonder dog enjoys the snow

image3
The Neighbors' kids did a better job with the snowman thing :cool:

Kansast