Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Collecting (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are some of your favorite toys from your childhood? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2105)

Pocahontas 07-16-2007 11:02 AM

What are some of your favorite toys from your childhood?

Let's name some of our favorite toys from our childhoods. Do any of you collect them or still have some of them around?:cool:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-16-2007 11:13 AM

That would depend on the age as to the toy. Slingshots, BB guns and Hot Wheels for a while then came fishing and after that girls :D after that I can not think of much maybe real guns and hunting.

Pocahontas 07-16-2007 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a favorite!Attachment 997 I adored Liddle Kiddles! This is just one of many different ones!!!

piemaker720 07-16-2007 11:16 AM

Mine was a piece of rope and a bag of rice.:)

LSU 07-16-2007 11:31 AM

Well i would say the original nintendo, mainly Mike Tysons Punch Out or Kung Fu(because that was the only games we had. Does a bicycle count:shoethrow: :shoethrow: :question: :question:

Pocahontas 07-16-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Mine was a piece of rope and a bag of rice.:)

Guess I'm not very imaginative. What did you do with those?;)

piemaker720 07-16-2007 03:13 PM

Okay Pokie, where I lived as a child we had alot of pidgeons. So I would make me a loop in one end, put it out in the yard and put some rice or bread inside the loop. I would take the other end of the rope and hide inside our shed at the back of the house. When a pidgeon would go in the loop I would jerk it to catch him. The bird would fly and I had the other end of the rope yelling DADDY! He would come out laughing because I would not let that rope go. He would put the pigeon in a bird cage, when I wasn't looking he would let it go and tell it got out, so off I'd go with the rope and the rice again. I would sit out there for hours waiting on a pidgeon. It taught me patience.:laugh:

howela 07-16-2007 04:33 PM

Old toys

Everyone had a "slinky" didn't they? And an "eight ball". And what about those damn paddle and attached ball on a rubber band? I couldn't work that any better than I could the "hula hoop", but I had both at one time or another.

Never played with rope and rice but we did play a game in the woods called "three steps to Germany." The little kids would hide and the big kids would find us and question us.... ( which included some roughing up ) I never understood the game and it went out of style by the time I was old enough to be one of the "Germans".

Pocahontas 07-16-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Okay Pokie, where I lived as a child we had alot of pidgeons. So I would make me a loop in one end, put it out in the yard and put some rice or bread inside the loop. I would take the other end of the rope and hide inside our shed at the back of the house. When a pidgeon would go in the loop I would jerk it to catch him. The bird would fly and I had the other end of the rope yelling DADDY! He would come out laughing because I would not let that rope go. He would put the pigeon in a bird cage, when I wasn't looking he would let it go and tell it got out, so off I'd go with the rope and the rice again. I would sit out there for hours waiting on a pidgeon. It taught me patience.:laugh:

Well that is something I've never heard of Pie. I would have been to chicken to try it. I think the scariest thing I ever did was shimmy across a sewage plant pipe to the other side and thank the lord I didn't fall in! I only did this because my big brother did!:yuck:

Pocahontas 07-16-2007 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1019

I loved my Chatty Cathy doll! You pulled a string in her back and she could say all kinds of things like...." I love my mommy.":)

Al Swearengen 07-17-2007 01:00 AM

I had this Nerf Tri-Plane, you know, a Fokker (no jokes, please), just like the "Red Baron" flew. I loved the damn thing, but it didnt fly worth a crap. Legos, and modeling clay, had a blast with those. And of course, the toy guns. Had this one toy gun in particular, was clip-fed, and shot these white plastic lozenge- shaped projectiles...been lookin for one of those ever since. Guess they dont make em anymore. Slinkies sucked, you could never get em to go down the stairs by themselves as they were advertised to do, which we all concluded to be bullsh*t. But some of the best stuff was what ya made yourself. If ya had a pocket knife, you'd just hunt around for a block of wood and whittle somethin out of it...sometimes it turned out great, sometimes it didnt, but it was fun gettin there.

Texasbelle 07-17-2007 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Barbies!!!! Lots and Lots of Barbies. I am sure JoePole probably played with them too!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-17-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Barbies!!!! Lots and Lots of Barbie's. I am sure JoePole probably played with them too!

So you where a pageant girl from get to go ;) and all this time I thought you played with G.I. Joe. I can see why Joe would play with Barbie :D

Pocahontas 07-17-2007 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1030
When I got a little older I ditched the dolls and began to play with bigger toys! My siblings and I would ride these all over the surrounding neighborhoods and the streets. I'm a small town girl so we just got a warning if we got caught. :D

Leadbelly 07-17-2007 11:06 AM

Johnny Astro!

http://www.johnnyastro.com/Johnny%20Images/box2.jpg

Thats a toy folks!