Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our Jewish Community Is Shrinking Fast (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2606)

sbl_admin 09-13-2007 07:22 AM

Our Jewish Community Is Shrinking Fast

The vast majority of Shreveport Jews attending High Holy Day services in the next 10 days are more than 60 years old.

They are faithful to their congregations. And Rabbi Foster Kawaler, of Congregation Agudath Achim, is quick to praise the vibrancy and dedication of local Jews.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-13-2007 11:15 AM

Matthew 27:22-25 Pilate addressing the Jews

22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

If God be for you who can be against you ?
If God be against you life can be a bit hard. I think there is a good reason for the decline in young Jews.

joepole 09-13-2007 01:37 PM

I can think of maybe 4 or 5 Jewish kids I knew growing up, we've never really had that many in this part of the country.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-13-2007 06:11 PM

You might want to look around town at who owns major businesses and property then look at some of the higher ups in the banking industry. Do not forget lawyers :eek:

Al Swearengen 09-13-2007 06:26 PM

Yes, the world has been hard on the Jewish tribe. When they lobbied for, and were granted, the crucifiction of Christ, they were simply fullfillin their part in His plan. Never forget that they are His people.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-13-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 21201)
Yes, the world has been hard on the Jewish tribe. When they lobbied for, and were granted, the crucification of Christ, they were simply fulfilling their part in His plan. Never forget that they are His people.

There are many from the tribe of Judah true but there are many that call themselves Jews that are not from the tribe of Judah. They did fulfill the negative part of the plan and in the end they will be joined back to the other tribes but not until Shiloh comes. Traditions of man will make void the Word of God.

Texasbelle 09-13-2007 08:09 PM

Isaac, explain what you mean by Traditions of man will make void the Word of God.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-14-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 21215)
Isaac, explain what you mean by Traditions of man will make void the Word of God.

Traditions of man make void the Word when they are instead of the Word. Songs, passing the plate and written prayers instead of reading from the Bible. If you do not study the word and do these other things instead you have covered the candle with a basket.