Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tom Cruise - Scientology Detox (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194)

sbl_admin 04-20-2007 07:53 AM

Tom Cruise - Scientology Detox

Tom Cruise comes to New York on Thursday night, hoping to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Scientology. He’s doing it under the guise of a detox program for members of the New York Fire Department who participated in the 9/11 clean-up.

Pocahontas 04-20-2007 09:02 AM

No alien leaders for me...

I was watching one of those news shows not too long ago...and it just reiterated what I already thought about Scientology. It is very very odd!
The higher up in the organization you get the more secretive it becomes. There are different levels and also the closer to the top they began talking about aliens taking over. I don't know if this interview was based on fact or not. Has anyone else heard much more on Scientology secrets? I wish Tom would stick to acting. He has made a fool of himself over this topic this past year!:eek:

joepole 04-20-2007 09:57 AM

All hail Xenu!

http://www.clambake.org/archive/leaflet/xenuleaf.htm

Pocahontas 04-20-2007 11:12 AM

Hard to believe people believe this!

Thanks Joe! I hope you aren't just pulling my leg on this one, but that does seem to be what they were referring to on the show I watched (I didn't catch all of it!) With the internet and other resources so readily available you would wonder why any of the scientologists on any level would still believe after reading these harebrained alien stories!:eek:

Neo 04-20-2007 12:35 PM

Well, i just learned through joepole...watch for Star Trek junkies, they are looking for world domination and slaves.

cosmo kramer 04-20-2007 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tom Cruise...he's my hero.

rhertz 04-20-2007 06:35 PM

OK, I might be wrong. But growing up in Shreveport, I remember a Scientology "church" close to the intersection of Kings Hwy and Centenary. That intersection was once Ashley's Amoco gas station and just north of the intesection was this big brick building. To this day, I still don't get "scientology". Sometimes it doesn't sound like "science" at all.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-20-2007 06:58 PM

Freedom of speech or "CHOICE"

They can believe that if they like it is freedom of speech. I do not agree at all but let them have their click it keeps them away from me and that is just fine with me. I did think the post Joe made was good but once again is that what they really think ? If so well not for me. Maybe they have fried some cells in their time.
Isaac

joepole 04-20-2007 07:05 PM

Are you sure you're not confusing Scientology with Christian Scientists?

rhertz 04-20-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
Are you sure you're not confusing Scientology with Christian Scientists?

Probably... thanks for pointing that out. I guess I can google up what each one represents. But as I recall, isn't it the Christian Scientists who don't believe in going to the doctor? That only Christ/God can heal them? Or something like that? I really should read google then type before showing off even more of my ignorance on these subjects.

Texasbelle 04-20-2007 10:05 PM

Rhertz, it's the Jehovah's Witness group that won't take blood products. They will see a doctor but if they develop an illness or have a surgery that their hemoglobin (red blood cells) count drops low and they need blood, it won't happen no matter what. They will die before they will take the blood. It is very sad and tragic to watch when it happens.

Sexy Sadie 04-21-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Rhertz, it's the Jehovah's Witness group that won't take blood products. They will see a doctor but if they develop an illness or have a surgery that their hemoglobin (red blood cells) count drops low and they need blood, it won't happen no matter what. They will die before they will take the blood. It is very sad and tragic to watch when it happens.

Jehovah's witnesses will take some blood products (surprisingly) but not red blood cells. From the scientiologists I've talked with, my understanding is that they won't receive immunizations or medical care. The lack of immunization contradicts public school policy. Which brings up the topic of public school and religion. Is it beyond the rights of government to require immunizations that will prevent disease against the beliefs of some religious doctrines or ban the headwear of Muslim students?

Texasbelle 04-21-2007 09:59 AM

You are incorrect. A true Jehovah's Witness will not take any blood product or anything made from a blood product such as a shot of Procrit or Aranesp which would boost their red blood cell count prior to hip replacement surgery and thus hopefully reduce the need for a transfusion during surgery or post surgery. These two products are made with blood products and the J.W. will not take the shot. Trust me on this one!

Isaac-Saxxon 04-21-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You are incorrect. A true Jehovah's Witness will not take any blood product or anything made from a blood product such as a shot of Procrit or Aranesp which would boost their red blood cell count prior to hip replacement surgery and thus hopefully reduce the need for a transfusion during surgery or post surgery. These two products are made with blood products and the J.W. will not take the shot. Trust me on this one!

Trust you on this one. What about the other ones :D I would take the shot in a heartbeat :clap: I guess the JW think they will go to hell for having bad blood ? Well that will free up blood products for others that need them.

Texasbelle 04-21-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Trust you on this one. What about the other ones :D I would take the shot in a heartbeat :clap: I guess the JW think they will go to hell for having bad blood ? Well that will free up blood products for others that need them.

You can trust me on all of them!!!

It does free up blood products for others unfortunately but some of these people have died when they very simply could have lived from a simple one or two unit blood transfusion. I believe God gave the physicians the knowledge on how to do these things and how to use the knowledge of science in order to help preserve life many times not take away life. Now we can argue there are places such as abortion where it is abused but that's another whole thread.