Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Court overturns conviction in 'Jena Six' case (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618)

sbl_admin 09-15-2007 11:15 AM

Court overturns conviction in 'Jena Six' case

A state appeals court Friday tossed out the conviction in 'Jena Six' case

sbl_admin 09-17-2007 06:33 PM

Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- Sep 17 2007 6:33 PM
Religious groups unite, pray for Jena Six

sbl_admin 09-18-2007 10:21 AM

Updated News Story

KSLA -- Sep 18 2007 10:21 AM
From Shreveport to Jena: Many Making Plans to Head South

sbl_admin 09-20-2007 10:21 AM

Updated News Story

KTBS -- Sep 20 2007 10:21 AM
U.S. Attorney: Nooses, beating at Jena not directly related

joepole 09-20-2007 10:44 AM

>Critics of the case said the six black students, dubbed the "Jena 6," are being treated more harshly than the white students who hung the nooses.

I would hope so. The white students hung some nooses from a tree, the black students kicked the crap out of a guy. The latter deserves much harsher treatment.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-20-2007 10:49 AM

JP I could not agree more. This tribe mentality and marching for a brother is wrong but it is PC these days to enable the brothers to get away with anything because we owe them until time ends. BS on that they are going to get over run by the Mexicans because Mexicans will work and not rely on government hand outs. Yet another black eye for the state of LA :nono::nono:

sbl_admin 09-20-2007 10:49 AM

Updated News Story

Shreveport Times -- Sep 20 2007 10:49 AM
President comments on march in Jena

rhertz 09-20-2007 10:55 AM

20,000 gathered at the courthouse....Bush commenting....David Bowie contributes $10,000....... This case is receiving a LOT of national exposure. Yet again we are in the national spotlight, but not looking good as a whole.

rhertz 09-20-2007 11:14 AM

You can watch the ralley live on foxnews:

Watch Live

rhertz 09-20-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Sharpton, Jackson Lead Marchers In Jena
Now there's a big surprise! :sarcasm:

Isaac-Saxxon 09-20-2007 01:04 PM

They need to march right on down to Angola and stay there :eek:

howela 09-20-2007 02:34 PM

Where is the racism

I saw a young woman interviewed on the news as she was boarding a bus from Howard University to Jena who said she was going to Louisiana because she wanted to show that racism was indeed not dead.
My question is, "who is the racist?" The people they are going to protest against or the people on the bus?
I think defending someone against a criminal charge because of their race is in itself a racist act. The young woman did indeed show racism is not dead by being a racist herself.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-20-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela (Post 21417)
I saw a young woman interviewed on the news as she was boarding a bus from Howard University to Jena who said she was going to Louisiana because she wanted to show that racism was indeed not dead.
My question is, "who is the racist?" The people they are going to protest against or the people on the bus?
I think defending someone against a criminal charge because of their race is in itself a racist act. The young woman did indeed show racism is not dead by being a racist herself.

:clapbig::clapbig::clapbig::goodpost2:

vixweb 09-20-2007 05:50 PM

Joe hit it dead on! Those people carrying signs that say" free the jena 6" don't have a clue- We should free them because the charges were too harsh?! They ganged up on a kid and beat him! If white kids had beaten a black kid, The rev.Al and rev. Jackson would be down there calling for more punishment! I can hear it now...." they ganged up on a poor black kid, look at the Racism.....":stupidmeter:

Isaac-Saxxon 09-20-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb (Post 21426)
Joe hit it dead on! Those people carrying signs that say" free the jena 6" don't have a clue- We should free them because the charges were too harsh?! They ganged up on a kid and beat him! If white kids had beaten a black kid, The rev.Al and rev. Jackson would be down there calling for more punishment! I can hear it now...." they ganged up on a poor black kid, look at the Racism.....":stupidmeter:

African American is a sub species of American and if you look at the Africans in Africa they act no different they just have more money and government handouts here. I think Howela made some great points too vixweb.