Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Got a beef (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2451)

piemaker720 08-28-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 20397)
I have never heard of this happening to anyone, Pie!:confused: That's ridiculous!
You'd think they'd try to apologize and get your business not reject it!

You'd think uh, but these are some stupid owners. I have never seen any owner that would chase customers away. Like I said, they sent 2 letters, one by regular mail and one by certified mail. Our order is not that difficult, I eat a double hamburger plain, but I have to order a double cheeseburger plain, no cheese, since they don't sell double hamburgers. My grand kids get cheeseburger happy meals, 1 plain, 1 with pickles only, very hard to make. My son either gets a chicken sandwich with everything or a hamburger with ketsup only. My daughter eats a burger with onions and lettuce only. Now how hard is this order to fix. But I understand their IQ ain't high.:D:D

piemaker720 08-29-2007 08:16 AM

I have something else to say on McD's ban. This wpuld not have happened several years ago. But here it is, usually people order, if it's wrong they eat it anyway without saying anything. But my MONEY pays for what I eat and it will be like I want it, I'm not settling and eating something I did not order or do not like. For instant I don't eat ketsup on my burger why should I be force to eat it because someone can't do their job. Or why should I buy it and throw it away because They messed it up. That's what is wrong now days people settle because it's easier. Do we settle in any other business, say dentist, or doctor, or walmarts? No if it is Walmart's we take it back. Think about it.

AnimeSpirit 08-29-2007 09:34 AM

Banned from McD's?! That's nuts. I've been to the one on Airline a few times. I don't think I have ever seen them get my order right.

I like the classic grilled chicken myself. It's a very simple order. It comes with chicken, lettuce, tomatoe, and bun. I swear, on more than one occasion, they have put cheese on it. And I don't know how many times I ordered a classic and they gave me a club instead.

Peter's Theory states that anyone is capable of incompetence given enough promotions through a single company. With time and enough promotions behind us, we will all eventually reach a position that we are simply unable to fill because of personality or lack of skills. It is pretty bad when Peter's Theory is taking place at a freaking McDonald's!

piemaker720 08-29-2007 11:30 AM

The owners of the McDonald's that has banned us from eating also owns the restaurants on Viking Drive, Industrial and Hwy 80, Haughton and Minden and the one on Airline Drive. So I guess that means them too uh, you think.

Pocahontas 08-29-2007 03:58 PM

Hey Pie didn't you say you smeared mustard on the table one time when they got the order wrong yet again? Maybe that is what drove them over the edge! I think I'd take heed to this ban because if you do come in, there may be repercussions such as spitting in your food. Watch out!;):nono:

piemaker720 08-29-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 20452)
Hey Pie didn't you say you smeared mustard on the table one time when they got the order wrong yet again? Maybe that is what drove them over the edge! I think I'd take heed to this ban because if you do come in, there may be repercussions such as spitting in your food. Watch out!;):nono:

I did do that, but that was years ago. It's not even the same restaurant, not even the same town. But maybe I need to show McDs what I can do. I believe in sticking up for myself and not settling for others mistake. And if I ever caught someone splitting or other in my food I'm the one that will go over the edge. Like I said my money pays for my food and I should get what I want not what someone else screws up. There is too much of keeping quiet or looking away goimg on. We would not settle at Wal-Marts, we would return the item. The same way with Lowe's or any other business. Has anyoune else ever returned something because it was not right? What makes this so different?

Al Swearengen 08-29-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 20453)
Has anyoune else ever returned something because it was not right? What makes this so different?

Well, the thing that makes a returned food order so different is that you'll be ingestin whatever they bring back "fixed". As I said earlier, its awfully hard to spot a booger or a loogie, or if ya REALLY pissed them off, ground-up glass in your food...and they WILL do it, dont kid yourself that they wont!

piemaker720 08-29-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 20464)
Well, the thing that makes a returned food order so different is that you'll be ingestin whatever they bring back "fixed". As I said earlier, its awfully hard to spot a booger or a loogie, or if ya REALLY pissed them off, ground-up glass in your food...and they WILL do it, dont kid yourself that they wont!

I ain't kidding myself but according to ya it's kiss some a** and take it any way they want to give to me even though I paid for it Thanks but NO THANKS if it means never eating out again. I will defend my right.

Jesse 08-29-2007 07:51 PM

I was just wondering about the video of mcdonalds foods. Shouldn't there have been some sort of "stomach acids" type of solution to see how it would really digest?

Al Swearengen 08-29-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 20471)
I ain't kidding myself but according to ya it's kiss some a** and take it any way they want to give to me even though I paid for it Thanks but NO THANKS if it means never eating out again. I will defend my right.

LOL, I'm just wonderin how much of a nuisance do ya hafta make of yourself before ya get banned from McDonald's? I mean, they even know you by name, Pie! Just seems like, after they botched your order the first five times you'd just boycot that particular location yourself without them havin to ban ya from the place. Ya understand where I'm comin from here, right? I agree that you should get what ya ordered, the way ya ordered it, but damn, lady, the workers at that location have made it crystal clear that they cant ( or wont ) accomodate ya, so why keep goin back for more of the same? Yet thats exactly what you did, and they obviously got fed up with it and just figured if they lost your business then it would be worth it not to have to hear you kvetch about it anymore! Were ya tryin to prove a point? Maybe that "the customer is always right" or some such? Well, a given business will obviously only go so far to accomodate ya and after that, to hell with ya. And your recourse, the way you can most effectively show your displeasure with their service, is to stop giving them your business. Its that simple.

Texasbelle 08-29-2007 08:35 PM

I do agree with you Al that I would not keep frequenting an establishment that could not get my order correct. The problem I have with most fast food restaurants and their responsibility in getting my food order correct is that I have food allergies. If I ingest eggs or anything containing eggs, I stand a strong likelihood of having an anaphylactic reaction which is life threatening for me. So I feel strongly that they have a HUGE responsibility in getting that order correct when it is placed.

rhertz 08-29-2007 08:42 PM

This morning, I ordered my usual. A #5 and a coke. A small coke that is. Simple enough. A #5 is a sausage bisquit meal. This time (one out of a hundred) it came with cheese on it! Huh? At first I was a little pissed. For one thing, they don't even make a sausage bisquit with cheese that I know of. But then I figured that 1 out of a 100 ain't too bad statistically speaking. I shouldn't complain about my relative good luck. Plus I don't want to get banned for complaining too much... :D

Al Swearengen 08-29-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 20480)
I do agree with you Al that I would not keep frequenting an establishment that could not get my order correct. The problem I have with most fast food restaurants and their responsibility in getting my food order correct is that I have food allergies. If I ingest eggs or anything containing eggs, I stand a strong likelihood of having an anaphylactic reaction which is life threatening for me. So I feel strongly that they have a HUGE responsibility in getting that order correct when it is placed.

Agreed, T-Belle. Ya might just have the makins of a good law suit there if it ever happens...provided ya survive the allergic reaction! They should probably put a disclaimer on the packaging so as to minimize their liability.

My wife is severely allergic to poultry, extending even to fowl, yet she can eat eggs and dairy. Most peculiar!

piemaker720 08-29-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 20478)
LOL, I'm just wonderin how much of a nuisance do ya hafta make of yourself before ya get banned from McDonald's? I mean, they even know you by name, Pie! Just seems like, after they botched your order the first five times you'd just boycot that particular location yourself without them havin to ban ya from the place. Ya understand where I'm comin from here, right? I agree that you should get what ya ordered, the way ya ordered it, but damn, lady, the workers at that location have made it crystal clear that they cant ( or wont ) accomodate ya, so why keep goin back for more of the same? Yet thats exactly what you did, and they obviously got fed up with it and just figured if they lost your business then it would be worth it not to have to hear you kvetch about it anymore! Were ya tryin to prove a point? Maybe that "the customer is always right" or some such? Well, a given business will obviously only go so far to accomodate ya and after that, to hell with ya. And your recourse, the way you can most effectively show your displeasure with their service, is to stop giving them your business. Its that simple.

Well for one they did not know me by name, when you call with a complaint you have to give your name. The reason we went to this location is because it is by our house. And why are you saying I'm a nuisance because I feel like they should done their job right. No I know the customer is not always right because I have worked in restaurants for over a period of 35 years. No it's not that simple, there is other things you can do. Why is it I have to be treated like I'm the one that done something wrong? That is what your saying that I was in the wrong. My point is they mess my orders up and other people why keep the workers that obviously can't do the job. They need to take responsiblity for their actions too.

Al Swearengen 08-29-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720 (Post 20484)
Well for one they did not know me by name, when you call with a complaint you have to give your name. The reason we went to this location is because it is by our house. And why are you saying I'm a nuisance because I feel like they should done their job right. No I know the customer is not always right because I have worked in restaurants for over a period of 35 years. No it's not that simple, there is other things you can do. Why is it I have to be treated like I'm the one that done something wrong? That is what your saying that I was in the wrong. My point is they mess my orders up and other people why keep the workers that obviously can't do the job. They need to take responsiblity for their actions too.

LOL, ok, well then you could probably get away with eatin there still, since theres a pretty good employee turn-over I'm sure. And you're right, its not your fault that the simpletons at your local McDonald's cant follow directions. I'm just sayin "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"! Thats all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com