Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dancing water fountains are a drain on Shreveport (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1354)

sbl_admin 05-05-2007 12:52 PM

Dancing water fountains are a drain on Shreveport

Dancing water fountains are a drain on Shreveport's funds and resources

AnimeSpirit 05-05-2007 01:01 PM

Gotta keep the masses satisfied. :D

Isaac-Saxxon 05-05-2007 01:18 PM

Shreveport Times trying to find something to print in that lame tabloid :laugh:

rhertz 05-05-2007 01:29 PM

I like the fountains! I also liked the lights on the Texas St bridge which seem to be in need of maintenance. I guess that was a drain too. Why start new projects if you can't maintain old ones? Oh well...

piemaker720 05-05-2007 01:31 PM

Hey, leave the fountains alone. There are too many kids enjoy playing in there during the hot weather. If you look close there are some adult [kids] there too.:peace:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-05-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I like the fountains! I also liked the lights on the Texas St bridge which seem to be in need of maintenance. I guess that was a drain too. Why start new projects if you can't maintain old ones? Oh well...

They sure piss a ton of money off on Sci-port :nono: That place is a boondoggle :mad: Can someone at SBL find a financial report on that place ? What a wast of money, my tax money :mad:

rhertz 05-05-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
They sure piss a ton of money off on Sci-port :nono: That place is a boondoggle :mad: Can someone at SBL find a financial report on that place ? What a wast of money, my tax money :mad:

I happen to like Sci-Port given the fact that we aren't exactly in a hotbed of science around here. It is a lone oasis in a sparce desert. Everything around here seems to be based on gaming, medical, or oil & gas.

When I was a kid growing up in Shreveport, we often took "field trips" to the planetarium and places like that. I think Sci-Port gives students a good place to go to. I often see classes of students there in the mid morning when I drive past. I'd rather see that than see our tax money make the Hilton's a dollar richer.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-05-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I happen to like Sci-Port given the fact that we aren't exactly in a hotbed of science around here. It is a lone oasis in a sparce desert. Everything around here seems to be based on gaming, medical, or oil & gas.

When I was a kid growing up in Shreveport, we often took "field trips" to the planetarium and places like that. I think Sci-Port gives students a good place to go to. I often see classes of students there in the mid morning when I drive past. I'd rather see that than see our tax money make the Hilton's a dollar richer.

rhertz you have a good point there. I am for the kids not for the wasted tax dollars that is all. I would still like to know how much money went into that place ???

rhertz 05-05-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
rhertz you have a good point there. I am for the kids not for the wasted tax dollars that is all. I would still like to know how much money went into that place ???

I dunno much about tax dollars, but I can tell you that kids are a constant waste of money! Very expensive to own and operate! ;) ;) ;) Sorta like Porche that you grow instead of buy.

piemaker720 05-05-2007 02:15 PM

But OH did you have fun gettig them here. But I do think sci-port is good for the kids. We have went several times. kids enjoy it.

Texasbelle 05-05-2007 03:11 PM

Sci Port also receives a lot through private donations as well. It's a great place for kids to learn. The exhibits should probably be updated more frequently in order to increase return visits thus more income. It's the only problem I see at the place. Same thing every time we go.

rhertz 05-05-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
But OH did you have fun gettig them here.

True, even if it was accidental at times! ;) ;) ;)