Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Summer BBQ (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2055)

Huldah 07-12-2007 05:45 AM

The Summer BBQ

I ran across this story recently and thought I would share it.

BBQ RULES

We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
Routine. . .
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and suaces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
More routine. . . .
(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
Important again:
(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
More routine. . . .
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(10) Everyone PRAISED the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women. . . .

Isaac-Saxxon 07-12-2007 05:55 AM

A man will work from sun to sun and a womans work is never done ;) I do quite a bit of out door cooking and I prepare the meat and fire and cook with out anyone telling how to cook it for I am man (ISH) and when it is done and the meal is finished we all thank Mrs. Isaac for her helping hand because this place would be a wreck with out her touch :clap: :clap: :clap:

piemaker720 07-12-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
A man will work from sun to sun and a womans work is never done ;) I do quite a bit of out door cooking and I prepare the meat and fire and cook with out anyone telling how to cook it for I am man (ISH) and when it is done and the meal is finished we all thank Mrs. Isaac for her helping hand because this place would be a wreck with out her touch :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very good Isaac, well done, and what was the brand of butter you use.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LateNight 07-12-2007 08:47 AM

O.k. here's the part that I heard :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huldah
BBQ

lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

:yes:

Quote:

she will bring another beer

:yes:

Quote:

Everyone PRAISED the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

:clapbig:

Pocahontas 07-12-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

BBQ RULES

We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
Routine. . .
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and suaces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

More routine. . . .
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
Important again:
More routine. . . .
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women. . . .

Great post Huldah! Many of us have been there!;)

Texasbelle 07-12-2007 10:06 AM

Finally, somebody told the truth!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-12-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Finally, somebody told the truth!!!

OK Mrs heat and eat. I just can not see you preparing meat for the grille :laugh: now you may be good a fetching up a beer :D

Texasbelle 07-12-2007 07:58 PM

There are no beer drinkers in this house! And yes I can prepare the meat and cook it. Would you like to make it a challenge?

Isabella 07-12-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

BBQ RULES

Routine. . .

More routine. . . .
Important again:
More routine. . . .

This is exactly how it happens at my house, minus the beer. LOL