Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LSU to play Notre Dame in Sugar Bowl (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493)

sbl_admin 12-03-2006 10:47 PM

LSU to play Notre Dame in Sugar Bowl

LSU will play Notre Dame in New Orleans

whoisthat 12-05-2006 09:35 PM

LSU fans have been crying about sharing the National Championship with USC for 3 years, now they are crying about playing in the Sugar Bowl instead of Rose Bowl.

Geaux get kleenex already!

geodood 12-05-2006 11:44 PM

I've never seen a green great dane before. Although the tail looks familiar. :D

Al Swearengen 12-05-2006 11:57 PM

What do tigers have to do with Louisiana, exactly? Nothing, right? Never made much sense to me for LSU to call themselves "tigers". We have plenty of o'possums and nutria, whats wrong with those mammals? Not to mention the less-than-manly lavender school color.

Isaac-Saxxon 12-06-2006 08:30 AM

the less-than-manly lavender school color

That is great Al I love your humor. Tiger fans are never content with there spot in the polls or there coach and it is always the Zebra that causes them to loose a football game. I have a bunch of clients that bleed lavender and gold so I must not show my LA Tech colors. I know LTU would be happy to get a bowl bid like LSU.
Isaac

Green dog with a stripe tail ? is that in the Pugh family ?

rhertz 12-06-2006 06:33 PM

Gooooooooooo Nuuuuuuutriaaaaaaaaaaaassss!

Nope, that just doesn't sound right! :D

LateNight 12-07-2006 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Gooooooooooo Nuuuuuuutriaaaaaaaaaaaassss!

Nope, that just doesn't sound right! :D

LOL .. shoot we got the freakin' MUDBUGS of all things :-)
GOOOOO Platypuses!!

Hattie Thomas 12-08-2006 02:53 PM

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Mike the Tiger, a live Bengal tiger, is the official mascot of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and serves as the graphic image of LSU sports. Mike V is the fifth and current live tiger since 1936 to act as the university's mascot. Since the 1950s, Mike has also been portrayed by a costumed student.

LSU's sporting teams in men's and women's athletics are called the Fighting Tigers and Lady Tigers, respectively. LSU first adopted its "Tigers" nickname in the fall of 1896. The moniker is a reference to the state's Confederate heritage; the Louisiana troops of Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia became known as the Tigers during the Civil War in recognition of the bravery of two New Orleans brigades, the Tiger Rifles and the Washington Artillery (whose logo featured a snarling tiger's head).

what the heck is a "swamp dragon"?

LateNight 12-08-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hattie Thomas
The moniker is a reference to the state's Confederate heritage; the Louisiana troops of Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia became known as the Tigers during the Civil War in recognition of the bravery of two New Orleans brigades, the Tiger Rifles and the Washington Artillery (whose logo featured a snarling tiger's head).[/font][/size]

So this bit of information, is that something you would simply know if you WENT to LSU ? Curious if it's still part of the LSU Tigers 'story', or just a bit of 'trivia' ?