Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Reputation System Review (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1107)

AnimeSpirit 04-06-2007 11:57 AM

Reputation System Review

I've been chatting with other members over the past 24 hours about the rep system on SBLive! I don't know what the deal is, but I hear negative reps are flying all over the place and many of us aren't sure why. I've only been hit by one negative rep recently and the comment block was left empty, so who knows what the problem was. SO, I thought I'd draw some attention to the FAQs on the rep system. I found these in the FAQs of SBLive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbl_admin
How do I use the rep system properly?

Simple! The only activity that members are required to perform in order to take part in the rep system is leave rep comments on other members whose posts they particularly liked or didn't like. That's it! To leave a comment on a member's reputation, just click the small scale icon in the lower left corner of their post. You will be prompted for your approval (or disapproval) of the post and what your opinion of the post was. Every member can read their most recent rep comments in their respective My SBLive! panels. The rep comment form will not require you to actually type your opinion in the comment field, but we encourage all members do so. This way, the member you are commenting on will know what you like to see and what you don't. Now here are some vital tips to keep in mind when using the rep comment form:

• Members are encouraged to add reputation on posts they feel are inspiring, informative, entertaining, or otherwise useful to the forums content.
  • The comments you leave on a member's post should be in reference to that post and nothing else.
  • The reputation system is NOT meant for returning fire on members whom you suspect having left a bad comment on your reputation.
  • The reputation system is NOT meant for anonymously swearing or attempting to smear the dignity of other members. Use the comments to share your opinion of their post, NOT your opinion of the member!
  • The reputation system is NOT meant for degrading the reputation of people whom you simply don't agree with or share different views than your own. Use your ignore list for such people if you really can't stand looking at their posts.

According to these FAQs set down by admin, it's not against the rules to leave a blank rep comment, but we are all encouraged to let other members know what we liked and didn't like to see by typing a comment in. This way, we all know what areas in our forum condust we need to work on.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-06-2007 12:08 PM

Good luck Anime you going to need it

It is a mystery to me the game commences for the usual fee plus expenses:clap: :clap: Why do the points matter :laugh: look at Abby normal brain and he is -200 points and going strong :rolleyes: We love the brain just in a different way :D Let the game continue ! Play Ball ;)
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 04-06-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Abby normal brain

Hehehe. You've seen Young Frankenstein. :D Frau Blücher!!!

BrainSmashR 04-06-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

It is a mystery to me the game commences for the usual fee plus expenses:clap: :clap: Why do the points matter :laugh: look at Abby normal brain and he is -200 points and going strong :rolleyes: We love the brain just in a different way :D Let the game continue ! Play Ball ;)
Isaac

LAF

You sit in the basement reading the bible to your self everyday just waiting to die so you can't go to a "better place", and have the audacity to call ANYONE "abnormal"?

One has to wonder if you even know what the term means.

Neo 04-06-2007 02:40 PM

The Return of the dead

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
LAF

You sit in the basement reading the bible to your self everyday just waiting to die so you can't go to a "better place", and have the audacity to call ANYONE "abnormal"?

It must be sad knowing that you never had a chance at getting a glimpse of a better place. I looked up the definition of abnormal and I think it described BrainSmashR.

I thought you died from this website...... just goes to show the Antichrist can be resurrected and even copied.

:smlove: :smlove: :smlove: BrainSmasher and BrainsmashR,, how appropriate*

Isaac-Saxxon 04-06-2007 04:03 PM

The bit dog barked

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
LAF

LOL !!! :laugh: I see you come when your called. I had to wonder which of the three abnormal brains would reply. Oh now brain you know here in the delta we do not have a basement :laugh: So you think I have audacity well thank you brain I think you do too. Don't choke on a easter egg or bunny ears and next time pick the right jar :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

Isabella 04-07-2007 12:00 AM

I know where all my negatives come from and I really don't care. I think it is funny. If I had all positives, it would be boring. I thought if we don't like someone's post then we can give them a negative and if we like it we can give it a positive. What is the big deal?

Isaac-Saxxon 04-07-2007 06:25 AM

Who cares about points ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
I know where all my negatives come from and I really don't care. I think it is funny. If I had all positives, it would be boring. I thought if we don't like someone's post then we can give them a negative and if we like it we can give it a positive. What is the big deal?

I sure dont ! I have to agree with Isabella that no negatives make for a dull life :laugh: I do not see anybody except the brain that is in red water and like I said even he is in no danger :rolleyes: right Abby ? So you girls just calm down and let us just have fun and that is what all this is about :clap:
Issac the Saxon

Texasbelle 04-07-2007 09:08 AM

Personally, I don't go in and give somebody negative points every time you say something I don't actually agree with. I save the negative for if I extremely disagree (like with Brain). I do love to pass along the postive, that is what gives everybody reason to thrive in life, positive strokes.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-07-2007 09:11 AM

that is what gives everybody reason to thrive in life, positive strokes.

Well put Tbelle. ;)
Isaac

AnimeSpirit 04-07-2007 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
that is what gives everybody reason to thrive in life, positive strokes.

Precisely! That's what the rep system is all about. It's Psychology 101, really. Positive reinforcement for good activity and negative reinforcement for bad activity.

The main point I wanted to get across in this thread is that by using the comment box, thus expressing your approval or lack thereof instead of leaving it blank, the reinforcement in question becomes more effective because the person you leave reputation for will know why you left it, what you liked or didn't, and what sort of activity is desired on this forum by the masses. It is a process that slowly develops a working, friendly community.

(Wow! That was a long paragraph for just two sentences. :faint: )

Isaac-Saxxon 04-07-2007 11:48 AM

We need to hear from Scarlett

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Precisely! That's what the rep system is all about. It's Psychology 101, really. Positive reinforcement for good activity and negative reinforcement for bad activity.

The main point I wanted to get across in this thread is that by using the comment box, thus expressing your approval or lack thereof instead of leaving it blank, the reinforcement in question becomes more effective because the person you leave reputation for will know why you left it, what you liked or didn't, and what sort of activity is desired on this forum by the masses. It is a process that slowly develops a working, friendly community.

(Wow! That was a long paragraph for just two sentences. :faint: )

What do you think of the "system" ?

BrainSmashR 04-07-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo
It must be sad knowing that you never had a chance at getting a glimpse of a better place. I looked up the definition of abnormal and I think it described BrainSmashR.

I thought you died from this website...... just goes to show the Antichrist can be resurrected and even copied.

:smlove: :smlove: :smlove: BrainSmasher and BrainsmashR,, how appropriate*

What's sad is you thinking you have to die before you can reach a better place.

BrainSmashR 04-07-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

LOL !!! :laugh: I see you come when your called. I had to wonder which of the three abnormal brains would reply. Oh now brain you know here in the delta we do not have a basement :laugh: So you think I have audacity well thank you brain I think you do too. Don't choke on a easter egg or bunny ears and next time pick the right jar :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

Actually I never left. You just live in a fantasy land where imaginary creatures are gods and if someone isn't posting 10 times a day, they've "left the board".

Isabella 04-07-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Personally, I don't go in and give somebody negative points every time you say something I don't actually agree with. I save the negative for if I extremely disagree (like with Brain). I do love to pass along the postive, that is what gives everybody reason to thrive in life, positive strokes.

I tend to dwell on the positive side, too.