Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   IPODS And Pacemakers - A Deadly Combo (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415)

sbl_admin 05-11-2007 07:57 AM

IPODS And Pacemakers - A Deadly Combo
 
iPods can cause cardiac implantable pacemakers to malfunction by interfering with the electromagnetic equipment monitoring the heart, according to a study presented by a 17-year-old high school student to a meeting of heart specialists on Thursday.

joepole 05-11-2007 08:38 AM

If I have a heart attack I'll just sue the guy/messageboard that gave me the iPod.

Pocahontas 05-11-2007 09:21 AM

contest?
 
How did you win that exactly? I was later coming on the board than most of you.

AnimeSpirit 05-11-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
If I have a heart attack I'll just sue the guy/messageboard that gave me the iPod.

Or you can sue the manufacturer like everyone else. ;)

joepole 05-11-2007 09:39 AM

I just posted in a particular thread, paid the guy that picked the winner $20, and "randomly" won.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-11-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
How did you win that exactly? I was later coming on the board than most of you.

Pokie SBlive gave away a Ipod to someone and now I think I know who won ;) Joe with the pole in one hand and his IPOD in the other :laugh:
SBL it time for more promotions like that :clap:

Pocahontas 05-11-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Pokie SBlive gave away a Ipod to someone and now I think I know who won ;) Joe with the pole in one hand and his IPOD in the other :laugh:
SBL it time for more promotions like that :clap:

Okay, thanks! When is the next contest so I can "pony up" like Joe did? Maybe SB live can just give away some cold hard cash this time! What do you say admin?:clap: :clap:

AnimeSpirit 05-11-2007 09:52 AM

It would be hard to "pony up" for that, wouldn't it? :D

joepole 05-11-2007 09:53 AM

I think they gave away a few iPods. Like one a month for 3 or 4 months. They had billboards.

Pocahontas 05-11-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
It would be hard to "pony up" for that, wouldn't it? :D

No not if I give 20 and receive 300 in return!:)

Okay I have a better suggestion. Why not give away a gift certificate to Imeldas? Everyone wins...us ladies get pretty shoes! Men can give certificates to wives, girlfriends OR mothers if they win!!:clap:

Allen Marsalis 05-11-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Pokie SBlive gave away a Ipod to someone and now I think I know who won ;) Joe with the pole in one hand and his IPOD in the other :laugh:
SBL it time for more promotions like that :clap:

SBLive gave away a total of 4 iPods.. The winners were joepole, treyb, mercman, blanchardindian.

Allen Marsalis 05-11-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
If I have a heart attack I'll just sue the guy/messageboard that gave me the iPod.

Good Luck! After reviewing my bank account and Apple's, I'm sure you and your lawyer will make the right decision! ;)

Allen Marsalis 05-11-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I just posted in a particular thread, paid the guy that picked the winner $20, and "randomly" won.

Dang Joe, don't be outing me in public like that. I got kid's to feed and stealing all those iPods was hard work! But breaking back in Apple at night to do the custom lazer engraving on their machine was the real tricky part. :)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-11-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Marsalis
Dang Joe, don't be outing me in public like that. I got kid's to feed and stealing all those iPods was hard work! But breaking back in Apple at night to do the custom lazer engraving on their machine was the real tricky part. :)

So Allen when is the next give away ????

Allen Marsalis 05-11-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
So Allen when is the next give away ????

Everyday is a giveaway so far. :o Help me find some new advertisers first then we will talk more about it. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com