Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Orleans Saints (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Sports Illustrated picks the Saints for Superbowl winners (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2514)

LateNight 08-29-2007 01:22 AM

Sports Illustrated picks the Saints for Superbowl winners

There are those out there, who will consider this a curse.. I don't believe S.I. is ever correct about these predictions.

So either we're cursed by this, or expect a large exodus from hell, as it freezes over and the saints win the superbowl..

check it out for yourself

Sports Illustrated predictions

Game Time Start 7:30pm

LateNight 08-29-2007 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
who has the Best looking logo in the NFL.. well it's official.

Attachment 1427

Read all about why and how..

:gosaints:

http://www.caseyjones.net/imagelinks/deucereggie.jpg

Isaac-Saxxon 08-29-2007 10:48 AM

Could this be the curse of the bambino :eek::eek::eek:

LateNight 08-29-2007 11:39 AM

katrina came in and washed away all the curses on the Saints.
Something about some indian burial ground underneath the Superdome :)

Jesse 08-30-2007 12:15 PM

:gosaints:

howela 09-06-2007 10:45 PM

Saints go to the Super Bowl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 20404)
There are those out there, who will consider this a curse.. I don't believe S.I. is ever correct about these predictions.

So either we're cursed by this, or expect a large exodus from hell, as it freezes over and the saints win the superbowl..

After watching my beloved Saints play the Colts I think if the Saints plan on going to the Super Bowl they better buy tickets early so they get good seats!

Al Swearengen 09-07-2007 01:20 AM

Yeah, I would've said that this was an overly optimistic sentiment. Also, I have to confess that I've never particularly cared for the Saints, and if pressed for a reason, I could cite at least two, namely:

1. The Saints have almost always sucked, which is to say, they have almost always blown, and by that I mean they've almost always sucked. They've sucked for so long that even though their level of suckage has greatly diminshed, I still instinctively think "LOSERS" whenever someone mentions them or I see their logo.

2.The Saints are based in the city of New Orleans, AKA "The Giant Noxious Toilet Of The South Presided Over By The Grand Bald Turd Known As Mayor Ray "Chocolate" Nagin" Previously Presided Over By The Gaping A$$hole Known As Mayor Marc "Monkey Business" Morial!

Now, the city of New Orleans COULD and SHOULD be cleaned up, which WOULD be good for the citizens of New Orleans as well as for the rest of Louisiana, although I'm not sure this would change the way I personally feel about the place. As for the Saints football team, if they would change their name to somethin a bit more aggressive and move to Deadwood South Dakota, I'm certain they would become my favorite team.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-07-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 20443)
katrina came in and washed away all the curses on the Saints.
Something about some indian burial ground underneath the Superdome :)

I think the Big Chief Indian is not happy after last night. I wonder if the Saints thought it was preseason and had their third string in :peace: what a bunch of dawgs :rolleyes:

GuardChief 09-07-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen (Post 20892)
Yeah, I would've said that this was an overly optimistic sentiment. Also, I have to confess that I've never particularly cared for the Saints, and if pressed for a reason, I could cite at least two, namely:

1. The Saints have almost always sucked, which is to say, they have almost always blown, and by that I mean they've almost always sucked. They've sucked for so long that even though their level of suckage has greatly diminshed, I still instinctively think "LOSERS" whenever someone mentions them or I see their logo.

2.The Saints are based in the city of New Orleans, AKA "The Giant Noxious Toilet Of The South Presided Over By The Grand Bald Turd Known As Mayor Ray "Chocolate" Nagin" Previously Presided Over By The Gaping A$$hole Known As Mayor Marc "Monkey Business" Morial!

Now, the city of New Orleans COULD and SHOULD be cleaned up, which WOULD be good for the citizens of New Orleans as well as for the rest of Louisiana, although I'm not sure this would change the way I personally feel about the place. As for the Saints football team, if they would change their name to somethin a bit more aggressive and move to Deadwood South Dakota, I'm certain they would become my favorite team.

Wow! Tell us how ya really feel Al. The Saints are about as interesting and deserving of one's support as any other team when you get right down to it. Truthfully, I just cant seem to care enough or make myself care enough about sports like this one way or another. I suppose that makes me unusual/odd, but its true. I mean, think about it, you've got two opposing forces which are pointlessly, obsessively consumed with moving an eliptical leather bag up and down 100 yards of turf, risking serious injury or worse. So ok, they're getting paid to do it, but I'm not getting paid to watch it, know what I'm saying? I mean, can we possibly make this activity more mindnumbing?

Isaac-Saxxon 09-07-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuardChief (Post 20914)
Wow! Tell us how [ya really feel Al. The Saints are about as interesting and deserving of one's support as any other team when you get right down to it. Truthfully, I just cant seem to care enough or make myself care enough about sports like this one way or another. I suppose that makes me unusual/odd, but its true. I mean, think about it, you've got two opposing forces which are pointlessly, obsessively consumed with moving an elliptical leather bag up and down 100 yards of turf, risking serious injury or worse. So OK, they're getting paid to do it, but I'm not getting paid to watch it, know what I'm saying? I mean, can we possibly make this activity more mind numbing?

Please the "MOB" and they will love (pay) you for it. Yes much like Rome. You always count on Al to tell it how it is :peace:

Isaac-Saxxon 09-08-2007 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 20404)

I wonder who Sports Illustrated is going to pick now :confused:

Isaac-Saxxon 09-16-2007 01:42 PM

Please send help for the New Orleans Saints :pray: 21-0 half time :eek:

LateNight 09-16-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 21276)
Please send help for the New Orleans Saints :pray: 21-0 half time :eek:

All goes along just great, with rest of my weekend. just ****in' shoot me

Isaac-Saxxon 09-16-2007 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is always next week. The Saints are just getting off a bit slow. I see the Cowboys have won their first two games just blind luck :peace:
Attachment 1476

Pocahontas 09-16-2007 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight (Post 21283)
All goes along just great, with rest of my weekend. just ****in' shoot me

Attachment 1477

Sorry LN!!:(