Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   What's your Summer Vacation destination? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1934)

Texasbelle 06-27-2007 09:33 PM

What's your Summer Vacation destination?

In May I took my childrens to Gulf Shores which we do every summer.

Last week, we took 12 y/o Belle boy to Discovery Cove in Orlando. Has anybody been there? It is a fabulous destination and place to visit. You get to swim with a dolphin, snorkel in a coral reef, and hang out in the Ray Cove!

www.discoverycove.com

I highly recommend this if you are looking for something new, but don't take real small children.

Where are your favorite places to visit in the summer?

Al Swearengen 06-28-2007 01:26 AM

Vacation? What the hells a vacation? I havent had a vacation since '89!

Isaac-Saxxon 06-28-2007 01:40 AM

Morning Al :eek: I am with you what the hell is a vacation. I live to serve the family and make sure they have their vacations. This dog gets a bone when I go fishing on the weekends and a bit of hunting in the winter. You have to grind, grind, grind at the grindstone............

Pocahontas 06-28-2007 07:44 AM

Debbie Downer!!!:(

LateNight 06-28-2007 08:12 AM

Just got back from mine.. went to see my brother in Fair Haven, N.J.
One of the most beautiful small towns I've ever seen, they even have a small local hardware store :)

Went to a party in a castle. Saw friends I hadn't seen in 10 years. It was 'open mic' night, and I played my first gig in front of a live audience.. too bad I was too drunk to remember what or how I played, but apparently to rave reviews :cool:

Back to the grind.
:eek:

Texasbelle 06-28-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Morning Al :eek: I am with you what the hell is a vacation. I live to serve the family and make sure they have their vacations. This dog gets a bone when I go fishing on the weekends and a bit of hunting in the winter. You have to grind, grind, grind at the grindstone............

Do you want some cheese with that whine boys??????????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now Isaac, do you CHOOSE to stay and work or do you CHOOSE not to go? I am quite sure that your family (wife and beautiful girls) would love to have a fun vacation with you. So, when are you going to take that lovely wife somewhere??????????????????????????????????

joepole 06-28-2007 09:17 AM

We have a 2 year old and a 6 month old, we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Isaac-Saxxon 06-28-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Do you want some cheese with that whine boys??????????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now Isaac, do you CHOOSE to stay and work or do you CHOOSE not to go? I am quite sure that your family (wife and beautiful girls) would love to have a fun vacation with you. So, when are you going to take that lovely wife somewhere??????????????????????????????????

Cheese is just what it is all about Tbelle you should know that :rolleyes: Money talks and bs walks. This is why I am at work everyday because I want to keep what I have and not place it in the hands of someone that will cause me more problems when I get back. No pity party just the facts. I CHOOSE to work for myself not for the man :D

Pocahontas 06-28-2007 04:41 PM

We've already been to Gulf Shores. It was so relaxing! My parents own a lakehouse about an hour and a half from here so maybe a few trips there. We usually have to get in a trip to Dallas. The big vacation is over but will hopefully do some mini ones! :hifive:

scarlett 06-28-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Vacation? What the hells a vacation? I havent had a vacation since '89!

You need to take one!

scarlett 06-28-2007 06:13 PM

I think we are giong to go to New York for 9 days. I have never been there and he has a friend we can stay with so no hotel costs

Texasbelle 06-28-2007 07:10 PM

I would love to make a trip to New York! You'll have to let us know how it is.

rhertz 06-28-2007 07:15 PM

We went to Destin summer of 2004. Doesn't look like I'm gunna pull one off again this year. But I have hopes to going to Dallas for a quick fix. Six Flags, Ft Worth Zoo, Midevil Times, etc there really is a lot to do without going very far. Although I hear there if flooding over there recently...

scarlett 06-28-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I would love to make a trip to New York! You'll have to let us know how it is.

I sure will I have never been there myself and dying to go.

howela 06-30-2007 01:49 PM

Ad Promotion

Check out Greenwood, Louisiana on your next vacation.See the home of Tami Vergo, who started the Cedar Grove riots with one stray bullet and a bad dope deal.
Or visit the burned out home of the Procks, where Captain Joe Prock brutally lost his life during a home invasion robbery.
Still have time on your hands? Stop by our fire station where Chief McMullen plotted out his murder for hire.

Ask about a discount on the child molesters tour!