Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   fresh broccoli (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3078)

Morpheus 11-18-2007 06:22 PM

fresh broccoli

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...d/IMG_3822.jpg

A friend gave me some fresh broccoli from his garden. How fresh? It was still in the ground a couple of hours ago. Sometimes we saute it in olive oil with some garlic salt, but I opted to steam this head so as not to hide the flavor. Delicious!

Isaac-Saxxon 11-18-2007 06:28 PM

Chopin Broccoli :laugh:

Did you check it for little green worms :eek:

rhertz 11-18-2007 06:38 PM

As with most produce, fresh broccoli is better than store bought. I had a nice crop of broccoli last year but this year I'm skipping my winter garden, seeing as how we don't have a winter. I'm still loaded with peppers from the summer and it's almost Thankgiving. LOL, maybe i'll stuff my turkey with jalapenos this year.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-18-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24914)
As with most produce, fresh broccoli is better than store bought. I had a nice crop of broccoli last year but this year I'm skipping my winter garden, seeing as how we don't have a winter. I'm still loaded with peppers from the summer and it's almost Thanksgiving. LOL, maybe I'll stuff my turkey with jalapeños this year.

rhertz you can come pick something out of my garden :D Tis the season for onions,greens,broccoli and yes still peppers.

Morpheus 11-18-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 24912)
Chopin Broccoli :laugh:

Did you check it for little green worms :eek:

No. It was probably the cleanest looking broccoli I have ever seen. I didn't notice any when I washed it, and there weren't any worms left in the water in the bottom of the pan. If there were, it merely added some protein.:D

Morpheus 11-18-2007 06:43 PM

Has anyone ever heard that broccoli flavors bodily fluids similar to asparagus?

Morpheus 11-18-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24914)
As with most produce, fresh broccoli is better than store bought. I had a nice crop of broccoli last year but this year I'm skipping my winter garden, seeing as how we don't have a winter. I'm still loaded with peppers from the summer and it's almost Thankgiving. LOL, maybe i'll stuff my turkey with jalapenos this year.

You know, jalapeno turkey actually sounds kind of tasty!

rhertz 11-19-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 24918)
Has anyone ever heard that broccoli flavors bodily fluids similar to asparagus?

Huh? Oh I get it. That question will get you into more trouble than the butt hat question or the bare rug question. Ain't nobody gunna answer that! Well since I already got sucked in, I'll answer. The answer is no I haven't heard that before. But I'm sure there are more qualified sites on the subject out there than this one. Email me if you find any....... ;)

Pocahontas 11-19-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24963)
Huh? Oh I get it. That question will get you into more trouble than the butt hat question or the bare rug question. Ain't nobody gunna answer that! Well since I already got sucked in, I'll answer. The answer is no I haven't heard that before. But I'm sure there are more qualified sites on the subject out there than this one. Email me if you find any....... ;)

rhertz...is your mind in the gutter again???:laugh:
Everyone knows that when one eats asparagus urine takes on the hue and aroma of asparagus...gross...yes, but what were YOU thinking?:laugh:

Morpheus 11-19-2007 06:54 PM

I was actually talking about urine, yes, but rhertz raises a interesting question. rhertz, are you a man of science?

joepole 11-20-2007 09:14 AM

The ability to smell asparagus in your pee is genetic. Some people can, some people can't. It's not universal.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-20-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25023)
The ability to smell asparagus in your pee is genetic. Some people can, some people can't. It's not universal.

Now joe can you smell your pee :laugh::laugh:

joepole 11-20-2007 09:30 AM

Not at the moment, my Huggies aren't full.

Morpheus 11-20-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25023)

Learn something new every day.

Pocahontas 11-20-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25061)
Learn something new every day.

You certainly do! I wasn't aware that Joe wore diapers!:eek: