Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What's your favorite Christmas cookie? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3274)

Pocahontas 12-17-2007 07:38 PM

What's your favorite Christmas cookie?

This is the time of year where everyone pulls out their traditional Christmas cookie recipes (or at least I do) and bake for their friends. What's your favorite? Share the recipe if you'd like!
Mine would be Holiday Sugar Cookies. This is a bit painstaking because you make the dough up then refrigerate it for a while then you have to roll it out on the cutting board into your favorite shapes. I cheat and use the canned Pillsbury buttercream frosting though. I just add my different food colorings to mix it up a bit. Top with green and red M&M's or your favorite sprinkles. It's a fun thing to do with my daughters!:lick:

j.nc 12-17-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 26673)
Mine would be Holiday Sugar Cookies. This is a bit painstaking because you make the dough up then refrigerate it for a while then

Best holiday cookie agreed Pocs . But never knew it was so much work. Around here a fav are Moravian Cookies - but those are bought -not home made.

So please share your recipe? Are they cruchy or a bit crunch-chewy?

Princess Leia 12-18-2007 08:17 AM

I like baking cookies at this time of year, not only the traditional sugar cookies, but I enjoy trying new recipes. This year I am making biscotti and trying my hand at homemade marshmallows. I will let you know how this turns out!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 12-18-2007 08:52 AM

I like plane crunchy sugar cookies or CC that are crunchy :D

purpahurl 12-18-2007 11:47 AM

Sand Tarts. Some people might call them something else.

rhertz 12-18-2007 12:11 PM

I'm with Isaac, my favorite is the classic sugar cookie, simple and sweet. Although I have been known to eat CC with nuts, but that isn't very Christmas-ish.....

Pocahontas 12-18-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.nc (Post 26683)
Best holiday cookie agreed Pocs . But never knew it was so much work. Around here a fav are Moravian Cookies - but those are bought -not home made.

So please share your recipe? Are they cruchy or a bit crunch-chewy?

I like them soft!
Here goes...
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
4 c. flour sifted
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, mix well. Add vanilla. Mix in flour, sifted with salt and baking powder....it will get thick. Refrigerate 1 hour. Roll out dough on a floured cutting board about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with your favorite cookie cutters. Bake on Pam sprayed cookie sheet at 350 for about 10 mins. If you want them crunchy let them brown a little. Decorate with frosting when cool! Enjoy!:)

Texasbelle 12-18-2007 08:10 PM

Sugar Cookies, very soft and decorated.

rhertz 12-18-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 26712)
Sugar Cookies, very soft and decorated.

I like my sugar cookies a little crunchy on the edges and a little soft in the middle.....and decorated in pink stilettos! Or maybe even a Indian feather headdress! :eek:

:duck:

j.nc 12-18-2007 10:54 PM

Thanks Pocahontas. Looks yummy.