Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do Tattoos Constitute Art? What About The Laws? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2124)

sbl_admin 07-18-2007 07:29 AM

Do Tattoos Constitute Art? What About The Laws?

Mike Farley gave a small wince as artist Jason Peters guided the tattoo needle over the inside of his knee where a bluebird was taking form.

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 10:14 AM

I don't know if they constitute as real art but was wondering how many of you guys have one or more? Tell us about yours or post a picture if you dare.
I personally don't have any and won't be getting any.:D

piemaker720 07-18-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I don't know if they constitute as real art but was wondering how many of you guys have one or more? Tell us about yours or post a picture if you dare.
I personally don't have any and won't be getting any.:D

I too don't have any and will not be getting one.

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a hard time seeing this as art and why someone would go to this extreme?!Attachment 1073

rhertz 07-18-2007 04:34 PM

I don't have one. I would but I could never decide on a piece of "art" that I want to live with for the rest of my life. The only thing I can think of would be a cross, but then that would desecrating my body right?

vixweb 07-18-2007 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine-unfinished....

rhertz 07-18-2007 10:44 PM

Wow, I was thinking of an ity bity cross. Yours is hugh! Well if you are going to do it, you might as well do it right! :D I truly hope you are able to keep working on it and have it finished someday. Although I am not a member of the tat family myself, I do like watching Miami Ink and I'm hip to it. I especially like watching japanese and polynesian tattoo artists working with old school instruments.

Pocahontas 07-18-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixweb
Here's mine-unfinished....

What else is to be added? I hear it's pretty painful too...how long can you be worked on at a sitting? Ouch!:eek:

Isabella 07-18-2007 11:08 PM

I absolutely hate tattoos! Sorry if I offend anyone. It kills me to see women with tattoos all over their bodies. One day they will regret it. What is worse is seeing old women with tattoos. NEVER will I get one.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-19-2007 05:42 AM

New Ink Could Make Tattoos Less Permanent

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Having someone's name permanently etched into your flesh is considered by some to be the ultimate testament to a relationship. But wouldn't it be great to make that commitment without really making it ... forever?

A new dye due to hit tattoo parlors this fall will provide an exit strategy of sorts for people who have thought about getting a tattoo, then wondered if they might someday have regrets.

The permanent but removable ink is made by storing dye in microscopic capsules that will stay in the skin for good. But if that butterfly tattoo on the small of your back starts looking lame, it can be zapped away with a single laser treatment that is simpler and less painful than the barrage of treatments now needed.

While the idea might intrigue some — for example, the 36 percent of Americans ages 18 to 29 who get tattoos, according to a 2006 study by the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology — some enthusiasts say getting inked without the lifetime commitment wouldn't be appealing. Those in the industry are also skeptical, especially since the company making the dye says it will cost considerably more than a regular tattoo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289886,00.html

guitarman 07-19-2007 01:25 PM

Tattoos are a form of art ! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There are may kinds of art and music is one of them. I do not like all kinds of music but that does not change the fact that it is art.

joepole 07-19-2007 02:35 PM

Anything that conveys its message non-literally is art.

AnimeSpirit 07-19-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole

You mean your sarcasm is an art? :D

rhertz 07-19-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole

Ok, so dropping an atom bomb is not art, but the mushroom cloud is? :D

piemaker720 07-19-2007 03:57 PM

What I find funny about tattooes is you see someone that puts their other half's name on their body in a heart or whatever, then they divorce or breakup and there's no removing it.:laugh: :laugh: I know there is women or men that don't like seeing an ex's name on their partner. Or have ever notiiced how a man will get a well proportioned woman on their arm and when they get older the woman's body parts start sagging. Pretty powerful picture HeHeHe!
:clap: :clap: