Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865)

BrainSmashR 03-02-2007 07:28 AM

World of Warcraft

Decided I'd see what this is all about. Anyone else caught the addiction?

BrainSmashR 03-02-2007 11:58 AM

I need some pointers....only been playing about a week.

How would I go about locating him in the game?

rhertz 03-02-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Decided I'd see what this is all about. Anyone else caught the addiction?

My son is completely addicted to WoW. Be sure to upgrade to Burning Crusade. That's about all I know, but I will point out this thread to him this evening. I'm sure he has many tips and pointers.

scarlett 03-02-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

I need some pointers....only been playing about a week.

How would I go about locating him in the game?

Gabot is his name on there i am not sure the command on how to search for people but i would assume /who gabot? He is level 58+ or so

AnimeSpirit 03-04-2007 10:41 PM

I don't know much about the game, but here's a link where you can get some great tips.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...me/534914.html

Al Swearengen 03-04-2007 11:35 PM

It was spoofed on "South Park"...thats all I know about it.

AnimeSpirit 03-04-2007 11:41 PM

I don't watch South Park much, but is this what you're referring to? :D

Santabot 04-23-2007 10:11 PM

No offense, but I highly doubt you'll find any substantial assistance from people here. A better place to look would be the General forums on www.WorldofWarcraft.com

I've been playing since the game's release, as well as Everquest (as someone mentioned) for 7 years, among many others in my time. I'm not really stationed on a particular server, as I play too many characters to be able to help you or contact you often, but if you need anything specifically, or advice about the game, you can PM me or just ask in-game, the more you play inside and talk to the people on it, the more you'll get accustomed to it, rather than those "noobs" who look outside of the game for information, usually they only get advice from people with lackluster talent at the game, and those who truly don't know what they're talking about.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-24-2007 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santabot
No offense, but I highly doubt you'll find any substantial assistance from people here. A better place to look would be the General forums on www.WorldofWarcraft.com

I've been playing since the game's release, as well as Everquest (as someone mentioned) for 7 years, among many others in my time. I'm not really stationed on a particular server, as I play too many characters to be able to help you or contact you often, but if you need anything specifically, or advice about the game, you can PM me or just ask in-game, the more you play inside and talk to the people on it, the more you'll get accustomed to it, rather than those "noobs" who look outside of the game for information, usually they only get advice from people with lackluster talent at the game, and those who truly don't know what they're talking about.

I play too many characters to be able to help you or contact you often ! Now there is a true statement. Children of computer games living in the real world can be very hard :laugh:

Neo 04-24-2007 02:05 PM

Sounds like multiple personality disorder. Pills are good!

Santabot 04-29-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I play too many characters to be able to help you or contact you often ! Now there is a true statement. Children of computer games living in the real world can be very hard :laugh:

No, I have an impulsive need to try new classes, I'll play a new one for a few days and then switch to another the next, or even in the same day! I don't even have one that I play more than the others, it's all based on what I made most recently, then I quit that one, and move on.

I think this was one of my first posts here, and I didn't know it was you (Brain) that was the one posting it. If you still need any help or want to contact me, let me know in PM or something about it and I can help you out or play with you whenever you're on.

BrainSmashR 04-30-2007 07:15 AM

I have a level 26 Undead Warlock on the Shu'hal server (at least I think that's the name of it) named Gul, my buddy has a lvl 29 Undead Mage on the same server (he's in school with lot's more free time than me).

Weekend is usually the best time to find me

Santabot 04-30-2007 07:25 AM

Quote:

I have a level 26 Undead Warlock on the Shu'hal server (at least I think that's the name of it) named Gul, my buddy has a lvl 29 Undead Mage on the same server (he's in school with lot's more free time than me).

Cool, cool. I might check in with you guys at some point.. I usually peruse around on some characters and chat after school if I have no outside plans or can't find anything to do at home, but I play a lot on weekends so I'll see you there!

Santabot 04-30-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Shu'halo is a "normal" server... meh.. I don't even want to waste time playing one that I can't walk around killing people on. If you ever want to make a new character or something, pick a PVP or RP-PVP one and let me know, cause unless you're level 70, there's no reason to be on a Normal server.. hardly any PvP (which is what I like) and it's all carebear kids (much younger than me) who don't want to fight and don't know how to play.

Good luck though, warlocks are tough until upper levels.. then they melt faces ;O

BrainSmashR 04-30-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santabot
Shu'halo is a "normal" server... meh.. I don't even want to waste time playing one that I can't walk around killing people on. If you ever want to make a new character or something, pick a PVP or RP-PVP one and let me know, cause unless you're level 70, there's no reason to be on a Normal server.. hardly any PvP (which is what I like) and it's all carebear kids (much younger than me) who don't want to fight and don't know how to play.

Good luck though, warlocks are tough until upper levels.. then they melt faces ;O

Actually if you aren't level 70, PvP servers suck ass because any 17 year old kid can walk up and kill your low-level character because he enjoys preventing you from playing the game more than he enjoys playing the game himself.

It's the exact same concept behind hackers and script kiddies who would rather destroy your website than build their own.