Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do You Think Medical Marijuana Should Be Legalized? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978)

Isaac-Saxxon 03-20-2007 06:14 PM

Isabella how about a poll here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
After reading all of the posts on this thread it appears there are more for the legalization of marijuana than not. I may concede to medical use if it is positively only for terminally ill patients. Those who believe marijuana does not cause any harm to anyone are wrong. It makes some people have no ambition. All they want to do is lay around all day and get high. How do you know no one has had an accident while driving under the influence of marijuana?

I know there is a way to do it but I have not done one yet so pro or con on legalization and for medical legalization too or not. I am real happy with my red wine and liptor good combo. Lets see what the people say on this ? Yes I am ready to hear from the gallery what ever you have to say post away.
Isaac

vixweb 11-24-2007 04:14 PM

O.K.....I know this is an old thread, but since it was before my time on this board, I had to put in my .02 cents!:D
Anyone who has smoked pot KNOWS that it is not dangerous(except the actual smoke being bad for the lungs)- or addictive!:laugh: That is simply rediculous. As far as driving, someone asked how you know noone has been hurt by this: I know because I've done it:eek: I'm a great driver, and have driven "high" many times- successfully. I think the first mistake people make is lumping weed in the same categories as cocain or meth( which are pretty bad! ) when the only similarity is the lagality- rediculous! The truth is, I don't drink( because I dont like it-not because its a problem) but I dont think smoking a little herb, like others have a drink in the evening, is gonna bother anyone. And why do you need a terminal illness to enjoy weed? (btw-Marinol is a very potent form of THC and is too strong for most people) I just dont understand why people have such a problem with it, besides mis-information. I'm with AL on this one, it makes me mad.:peace:

howela 11-24-2007 05:47 PM

polling...

How many of you are high right now?

rhertz 11-24-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela (Post 25312)
How many of you are high right now?

I am..... :D

Morpheus 11-25-2007 12:24 PM

Pocahontas 11-25-2007 01:38 PM

I think drugs affect people differently. There are most likely marijuana users who find the drug calming the same as my having a glass of wine I have no problem with that...provided I'm not having to sit in and breathe it myself.
Also I think it can prove to make some people lethargic and others energized by it. I think it depends on a persons genetic make up on how they are affected by pot. I personally haven't tried it, but been around others through the years that have and have seen various affects of its use on others.To each his own on this topic!:peace: P. S. I don't think kids should be using it.

vixweb 11-25-2007 02:16 PM

:goodpost2: Great post pocahontas! And I agree that kids should NOT do ANY drugs- They have a HUGE effect on a childs development. I'm glad I didn't try it 'till I was 20:D