Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How 'bout those TIGERS!!!???!!! (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2733)

Texasbelle 10-06-2007 11:08 PM

How 'bout those TIGERS!!!???!!!

1 Attachment(s)
LSU 28 Florida 24

Yes yes yes, they will remain #1! What a game for Hester too!!!!!

Way to go Tigers!!!!

Attachment 1546

LateNight 10-07-2007 12:47 AM

That was a great game, A little close for my taste, but a victory none the less.. And Hester (from Shreveport) practically won that game, with that final drive for the go ahead.

joepole 10-07-2007 12:52 AM

One of the best college games I've ever seen.

Well, the second half was.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-07-2007 09:30 AM

That was some football game :footballsmiley: thought they were going to choke it away there for a while but they pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

vixweb 10-07-2007 12:01 PM

Great 2nd half! One of the best games ive seen- 5/5 on 4th down conversions, wow....:D And I think Hester may be another NFL star from shreveport!

howela 10-07-2007 01:10 PM

Who's number one?

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1550
And don't forget that Southern Cal lost... to Stanford???
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272790030 That should erase any question as to who is number one in the land.
Attachment 1551

joepole 10-07-2007 01:11 PM

Hester doesn't have the size or the raw talent to be an NFL star. He has heart, which wins college games, but it's meaningless in the pros when you're playing against 11 freaks of nature.

Texasbelle 10-07-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 22276)
Hester doesn't have the size or the raw talent to be an NFL star. He has heart, which wins college games, but it's meaningless in the pros when you're playing against 11 freaks of nature.

This family has a long friendship with Hester and his new wife. DO NOT PICK on Hester Joe or that pole shall land up your....

I do believe there were 11 freaks of nature across the field from him last night and he certainly was more than able to conquer despite size. There are times and places even in the pros where he can be used.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-07-2007 02:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
How 'bout those Tigers !~!??!!! What is left in the tigers tank :confused:

Attachment 1558 :D:D:D Attachment 1559

guitarman 10-07-2007 07:06 PM

That kind of game makes it hard for me to go to sleep after it is over. I think the Tigers will be undisputed champions this year. Great team and with a Shreveport boy running like Hester they are going places.

LateNight 10-07-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman (Post 22290)
That kind of game makes it hard for me to go to sleep after it is over. I think the Tigers will be undisputed champions this year. Great team and with a Shreveport boy running like Hester they are going places.

yeah, even the play by play guys were calling Hester a "Slow white guy" LOL but he ran with some heart that was for sure. Did Shreveport proud.

Isabella 10-07-2007 10:27 PM

I don't normally watch football, but I did watch the last quarter. I must say it was AWESOME!

joepole 10-08-2007 08:55 AM

>I do believe there were 11 freaks of nature across the field from him last night and he certainly was more than able to conquer despite size.

Florida has one of the largest defensive lines in college football (269 lbs./player) The average NFL defensive lineman is 289. Hester is strong for his size, but was barely able to squeeze through with the help of the Tigers' gargantuan offense. He's a great college player, he won't be an outstanding pro. He would have been awesome in 1975, but today you can't rely on steroids and weights, you need the genes and the bones. He's too big/slow to be a speed niche back (like Holliday) and he's too small to be a big boy in a different position. A 4.6 40 won't cut it for a 6' 225lb. white guy in the NFL

I hope I'm wrong.

purpahurl 10-08-2007 09:53 AM

I have been a season ticket holder for awhile and this was THE best game I have ever witnessed in Tiger Stadium. I watched a recording last night when I got home and unfortunately TV did not do this game justice. You barely get a sense of how hard these guys were hitting each other out there. Another thing that was soooo awesome was Mike VI coming into the stadium. They played "Eye of the Tiger" and rolled Mike around the field and there were goosebumps on top of goosebumps. Usually a lot of people start leaving early. I only saw 4 people that I know for certain left the game. When it was announced that USC lost the whole stadium shook like it was surrounded by freight trains. I do not want to see LSU play this team again this year.

joepole 10-08-2007 10:03 AM

We can't play them again, they're out of the SEC championship and there's no bowl that could realistically end up hosting both of us.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-08-2007 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was not a catchable pass !! :bawl::bawl::bawl:

Attachment 1562

purpahurl 10-08-2007 10:27 AM

[quote=joepole;22313]We can't play them again, they're out of the SEC championship and there's no bowl that could realistically end up hosting both of us.[/QUOTE

Fla. is not out of the SEC Champ. They are only one game behind USC and they play them Nov. 10 There is a very good chance we'll see them again.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-08-2007 05:47 PM

[quote=purpahurl;22322]
Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 22313)
We can't play them again, they're out of the SEC championship and there's no bowl that could realistically end up hosting both of us.[/QUOTE

Fla. is not out of the SEC Champ. They are only one game behind USC and they play them Nov. 10 There is a very good chance we'll see them again.

LSU has been a power house this year. They still have a about three big hills to climb. It is the small green waves that can be so dangerous. I still think I enjoy LSU Baseball much better than football. Much more civilize game such as tennis. The LSU mens baseball is so much fun to watch starting with regional, super regional and then College World Series in Omaha. Even if LSU gets beat I will keep trying to pick teams. Rice is good and so is Clemson.

vixweb 10-08-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 22307)
>I do believe there were 11 freaks of nature across the field from him last night and he certainly was more than able to conquer despite size.

Florida has one of the largest defensive lines in college football (269 lbs./player) The average NFL defensive lineman is 289. Hester is strong for his size, but was barely able to squeeze through with the help of the Tigers' gargantuan offense.

The man benches 450 lbs, and he's young, don't be so quick to count him out-:rolleyes: Smaller/weaker players have done it. With a little determination and drive, he'll do fine.

Texasbelle 10-08-2007 09:28 PM

Hey Joe.....SHUT UP... you are getting on my nerves!:D

joepole 10-09-2007 08:28 AM

I apologize for being right most of the time.

purpahurl 10-09-2007 09:26 AM

[quote=Isaac-Saxxon;22350]
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22322)

LSU has been a power house this year. They still have a about three big hills to climb. It is the small green waves that can be so dangerous. I still think I enjoy LSU Baseball much better than football. Much more civilize game such as tennis. The LSU mens baseball is so much fun to watch starting with regional, super regional and then College World Series in Omaha. Even if LSU gets beat I will keep trying to pick teams. Rice is good and so is Clemson.

LSU had the #1 recruiting class in the country this year in Baseball. Rice is always good and don't count out Tulane. I think this will be a good year for Tiger Baseball.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-09-2007 10:53 AM

[quote=purpahurl;22395]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 22350)

LSU had the #1 recruiting class in the country this year in Baseball. Rice is always good and don't count out Tulane. I think this will be a good year for Tiger Baseball.

Take me out to the ballgame :cool: I would like to go to a game this year purpah do you have any season tickets for baseball too ?

purpahurl 10-09-2007 11:05 AM

Baseball

I do not have baseball tickets. I do have access. They are not too hard to get. They are fixing to raise the ticket price 65%. That's pretty steep. They have to pay for the new stadium. My football tickets go up every year, but I'm to keep them up as long as I can. If we win another NC anyone that wants season tickets will have to wait untill we have consecutive loosing seasons to even have a chance.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-09-2007 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 22409)
I do not have baseball tickets. I do have access. They are not too hard to get. They are fixing to raise the ticket price 65%. That's pretty steep. They have to pay for the new stadium. My football tickets go up every year, but I'm to keep them up as long as I can. If we win another NC anyone that wants season tickets will have to wait untill we have consecutive loosing seasons to even have a chance.

I might have to take you up on that access. Nice way to spend the spring time.
Attachment 1567

Texasbelle 10-09-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 22388)
I apologize for being right most of the time.

We'll only find out if you are right after he is drafted and after his first season in the NFL. Until then , your thoughts are only your thoughts and theories.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-13-2007 07:41 PM

I think LSU is better off losing this week and not having the pressure of being #1 so they can get back and play ball. Get well soon Hester.

Morpheus 10-13-2007 08:25 PM

Kentucky played well. Our defense didn't penetrate. Penalties killed us. And we dropped at least ten passes. We got beat. Better luck next week.

Isaac-Saxxon 10-13-2007 08:40 PM

This is the first LSU game I have had a chance to watch all the way to the end. I watch pro ball but to day I had friend explain the college rules. I thought the officials had their head up their butt. I like LSU but not a die hard. I do not like the OT rules it takes way to long. Good game by the boys and they have already passed all expectations and will finish a good year. Have to like the fact they are all in school too.

rhertz 10-13-2007 10:22 PM

Awesome game enough thought we didn't come out on top. Too bad. Great to watch though. Go Tigers!!

howela 10-14-2007 08:36 AM

It's a sad day in Mudville....

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville—mighty Casey has struck out.