Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Wimbledon (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1964)

Pocahontas 07-02-2007 11:13 AM

Wimbledon

Is anyone watching Wimbledon? It's been difficult with all the rain delays but I'm trying to hang in there. Who are your favorite players? Does anyone here play tennis? Just trying to get a new thread going although this may not go anywhere!:o

LateNight 07-02-2007 11:21 AM

been awhile since I played any tennis.. used to play pretty often. Of course I think connors was still playing back then :)

Pocahontas 07-02-2007 12:54 PM

It's raining again and Serena Williams just went down to the ground with major cramping in her calf! That is one muscle bound woman!!
I enjoy playing doubles but haven't played in a year or so. I miss it and need to get back into it!

So LN you played back in the day when men wore hotpants on the tennis courts? LOL They need to bring those back!:clap:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 01:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Pokie I think I might know who is going to win Wimbledon :clap:
Attachment 854
and who do you think for the mens ??
Attachment 855
Nadal has got the guns :eek:

Pocahontas 07-02-2007 04:01 PM

Gorgeous gams and guns! That sure doesn't hurt the game one bit! Good pics for the winners Isaac! I'm ready for Federer to get beat at Wimbledon and I believe Nadal is the man to do it!:)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about that 6'3" Russian :D Buddy pegs and a ladder ;) if she could just contain the vocals :eek:

She has leg's :clap:
Attachment 856

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:24 PM

I usually watch Wimbledon at the finals. I would like to see all the reigning champs knocked out of it. I love to see someone new take it home!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this unknown ?
Attachment 863
Anna Kournikova also found in Grey Goose :laugh:

Pocahontas 07-03-2007 02:59 PM

Rain rain go away!!! Ugh! This tournament usually ends on the 4th! Not gonna happen this year!:rolleyes2:

Isaac-Saxxon 07-03-2007 06:20 PM

I am with you Pokie. I have never seen so many rain delays. It is the UK and it does rain there all the time. Did you see the lighting today and all the Brits rand like hell. In the UK lighting is very rare. It will still be a great week of tennis with some really good games left to watch. I see the last years female chap Murruso was knocked out today. Now lets see if Nadal can beat Federer ? I would like to see that upset. Pass the limes please.

Pocahontas 07-03-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I am with you Pokie. I have never seen so many rain delays. It is the UK and it does rain there all the time. Did you see the lighting today and all the Brits rand like hell. In the UK lighting is very rare. It will still be a great week of tennis with some really good games left to watch. I see the last years female chap Murruso was knocked out today. Now lets see if Nadal can beat Federer ? I would like to see that upset. Pass the limes please.

Yes the lightening was a scary sight for the Brits for sure!
I like how you describe Mauresmo as a "female chap" I think that was a typo but an appropriate description nonetheless!:D

Pocahontas 07-07-2007 02:22 PM

In case any of you are interested Venus Williams won the women's title for the 4th time this a.m. That's impressive!
Nadal and Federer will meet tomorrow for the men's final! Go Nadal!:clap:
Ladies this will be a nice one to watch!:D

Isaac-Saxxon 07-07-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
In case any of you are interested Venus Williams won the women's title for the 4th time this a.m. That's impressive!
Nadal and Federer will meet tomorrow for the men's final! Go Nadal!:clap:
Ladies this will be a nice one to watch!:D

Your boy Nadal is going to be cannon fodder tomorrow :laugh: No really I hope he can beat Federer but I just do not see anybody beating him on a grass court.

Texasbelle 07-07-2007 06:46 PM

Me thinks I'll have to watch this one!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-08-2007 10:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Can the Spaniard pull it off ???
Attachment 891

Attachment 892
OH NO !!!!
Two sets to one and the Spaniard must play from down under. This would be nothing short of a miracle if he can pull it off.