Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Child Protection or Endangerment? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2182)

howela 07-23-2007 08:51 AM

Child Protection or Endangerment?

This was a first for me:
Wednesday I was at Wal-Mart Super Center and went to the restroom. After washing my hands and turning around to leave I saw a young girl standing in the corner near the door, as if she was being punished. (at least that is how they did it In my generation) Except although her body was facing the corner her young face was definitely peaking.
You couldn't see her as you entered because of the open door. I would guess she was 10 to 12 years old.
As I walked past her to leave, bewildered; A man yelled at her,"Turn around" at which point her head quickly faced the corner wall.
Moments later they both exited the Men's room behind me.

Now I can only surmise that the dad was alone with her at the store and had to go, and not wanting to leave her unattended in this brutal age we live in took her into the men's room and stood her in the corner.
What do you think about this?

LateNight 07-23-2007 09:19 AM

I suppose the opposite of that, would be the folks who bring their kids up to walmart.. and use it as one big playground.. kids running around tearin' up @#@# completely unsupervised..

:eek:

joepole 07-23-2007 09:33 AM

How could that be endangerment?

piemaker720 07-23-2007 09:39 AM

I don't know, at 10 to12 she is really too big to be in a men's restroom. If that was her dad It would be hard to know how to handle that.

Pocahontas 07-23-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela
This was a first for me:
Wednesday I was at Wal-Mart Super Center and went to the restroom. After washing my hands and turning around to leave I saw a young girl standing in the corner near the door, as if she was being punished. (at least that is how they did it In my generation) Except although her body was facing the corner her young face was definitely peaking.
You couldn't see her as you entered because of the open door. I would guess she was 10 to 12 years old.
As I walked past her to leave, bewildered; A man yelled at her,"Turn around" at which point her head quickly faced the corner wall.
Moments later they both exited the Men's room behind me.

Now I can only surmise that the dad was alone with her at the store and had to go, and not wanting to leave her unattended in this brutal age we live in took her into the men's room and stood her in the corner.
What do you think about this?

It sounds to me like he was doing the best he could in an awkward situation.
I have to admire him for not trusting to leave her alone outside the door.

joepole 07-23-2007 11:31 AM

>she is really too big to be in a men's restroom.

Why is that? She's not hanging out in there, she's standing in the corner so she's not left alone outside the men's restroom.

rhertz 07-23-2007 12:11 PM

This is not politically correct. The government needs to step in and create more laws that force Walmart to rectify this situation or else pay heavy fines. After all, they're Walmart! They can afford it. I'm thinking "Children's Lounge" in a secure environment. :sarcasm:

This reminds me of the situation with Home Depot in California where the government is forcing Home Depot to construct air conditioned shelters with bathrooms out in the parking lot for the illegal alien workers who congregate and loiter out in front of the store looking for work.

Texasbelle 07-23-2007 12:16 PM

I am like Pokie. I think the father was doing the best he could. I would not leave a young girl of that age outside of the restroom unattended. How many girls of that age and younger have been kidnapped or molested from Wal Marts around the country in recent years? Several.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-23-2007 12:18 PM

That would be your tax and spend liberals trying to save the world one vote at a time. That state (CA) has a case of the bleeding hearts and I am glad they stay out there. I do not like what their Circuit Court tries to do with our laws. They are the most overturned court in the country.

piemaker720 07-23-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I am like Pokie. I think the father was doing the best he could. I would not leave a young girl of that age outside of the restroom unattended. How many girls of that age and younger have been kidnapped or molested from Wal Marts around the country in recent years? Several.

If that was he father, I truly believe he was doing the best he could to not leave the child by herself. But what about your perverts that love looking at little girls and getting off on it, it happens. What happens if one exposes himself to her without her father knowing. Do you think if that happened she is going to tell daddy. If there are urinals, what do you think she saw, it was said you could not see her until you leaving. This is why alot of places are putting in family restrooms seperate.

AnimeSpirit 07-23-2007 02:27 PM

The Ryans on Airline has 3 restrooms: men, women, and a family restroom for parents with kids. The family restroom has one toilet and a lockable door for parents who need to accompany kids to the restroom (or logically vice versa). It sounds to me like more places need these types of facilities.

joepole 07-23-2007 03:11 PM

>What happens if one exposes himself to her without her father knowing.

Then she would see some dude's wang. I don't think it would kill her.

piemaker720 07-23-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
>What happens if one exposes himself to her without her father knowing.

Then she would see some dude's wang. I don't think it would kill her.

Just how many children do you show your wang to. Oh I almost forgot you can't your an ass.

joepole 07-23-2007 06:33 PM

Probably a few since I do use public restrooms where children are sometimes present, especially at football games and what not. Outside of that setting, the only children that (to my knowledge) ever see my wang are my kids.

rhertz 07-23-2007 08:07 PM

I never had a problem with my daughter in Walmart. I simply handcuff her to a trolling motor or a boombox when I go weewee. :D