Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Culture & Community (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Drugs: Your Stance and Experiences? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230)

Texasbelle 04-25-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
Tbelle don't waste your time any longer. It is futile.

You are absolutely correct Isabella. One can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.:(

rhertz 04-25-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Of course you find me unattractive. I am not saying what you want to hear.

I get your point, but on the other hand, if you told Santabot to "smoke up johnny!", I'm not sure that is what he really wants to hear either. I think he wants and needs to hear (at least subconscously) exactly what you are saying to him.

Texasbelle 04-25-2007 10:41 PM

You are correct Rhertz and we both know as Christians we should speak the truth. We have all done that with him on this board answering his posts so we all can stand in good conscious now at the end of this day. He is a very sad soul and hopefully enough prayer will make a difference. I thank God every day for my Momma's prayers that saw me through some moments.

LateNight 04-25-2007 10:58 PM

Advice to Santabot
 
Oh man, this has gone on long enough. The more Santabot posts, the more he is clearly showing his age. NOT that there's anything wrong with that ;)

All this talk of how he has "control" of his drug use. That's got to be the oldest line in the book for any drug addict or alcoholic.

the more I hear that, the funnier it sounds.. or the more desperate it sounds.

I find it admirable, how everyone has tried so hard to talk a little bit of sense into his SEVENTEEN year old brain.

I'll say this once.. not EVERY 17 year old has a problem of taking advice, but many do. It's been a couple decades since I was 17, but man do I remember it well. NOBODY could tell me ANYTHING. because I freakin' knew everything. Or at least so I thought. Be it parents, teachers, older brothers etc.. at that age, we think we know everything. I'll come out and say it, between that age of say 17 - 19.... I was lucky to get out alive. And I didn't even do some of the stupid things it sounds like ol' Santabot is talking about. I had my share of fun, and did plenty of STUPID things.. but OH MAN WAS I IN CONTROL ;) This is one of the reasons I do believe in a higher power.. angels were overlooking me and my friends' shoulders all those years. An absolute miracle I made it out alive!!!

Kid, if you want to have all the options open to you, as you enter adulthood.. just quit with all the drugs and all the tough talk. You got the best years ahead of you, don't **** it up.

Texasbelle 04-25-2007 11:03 PM

I do have an eighteen year old son upstairs that knows more than I do. I guess we could get him to weigh in on this and see what he has to say.:D

Al Swearengen 04-26-2007 04:26 AM

As I've read Santa's posts, I've been mindful of the fact that he's only 17, and his thoughts and opinions are likely to change many times, about a great many topics, as the years go by. Just like LateNight, I too thought I knew it all at that age and I agree with him 100% that we're lucky to be alive. However, I dont recall Santa ever claimin to "know it all"...in fact, if I'm not mistaken, he even said that one of the reasons he signed up here at SBLive was to learn. What I found more disturbin than his prior drug use or his current religious beliefs was his admission that he isnt on the best of terms with his parents, but thats not all that surprisin either, considerin his age. We all have to learn life's lessons for ourselves...no amount of good, well-intentioned advice can ever take the place of personal experience...we have to make our own mistakes, sometimes even makin the same ones over and over if thats what it takes. I was certainly no different. I guess what I'm gettin at here is that maybe we should just try to advise him when he asks for it, without slappin him upside his head with the condescendin attitude. He knows he's just a kid, he doesnt need to have it thrown in his face every time he expresses himself here on the board. I think that when we tell these kids that they've got a good head on their shoulders, they'll strive to live up to it.

Just a thought for ya to chew on though, Santa...your folks know you're growin up. Try not to give them too much to worry about. Ya might even tell them ya love em...especially your dad.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-26-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
As I've read Santa's posts, I've been mindful of the fact that he's only 17, and his thoughts and opinions are likely to change many times, about a great many topics, as the years go by. Just like LateNight, I too thought I knew it all at that age and I agree with him 100% that we're lucky to be alive. However, I dont recall Santa ever claimin to "know it all"...in fact, if I'm not mistaken, he even said that one of the reasons he signed up here at SBLive was to learn. What I found more disturbing than his prior drug use or his current religious beliefs was his admission that he isn't on the best of terms with his parents, but thats not all that surprising either, considering his age. We all have to learn life's lessons for ourselves...no amount of good, well-intentioned advice can ever take the place of personal experience...we have to make our own mistakes, sometimes even making the same ones over and over if thats what it takes. I was certainly no different. I guess what I'm getting at here is that maybe we should just try to advise him when he asks for it, without slapping him upside his head with the condescending attitude. He knows he's just a kid, he doesn't need to have it thrown in his face every time he expresses himself here on the board. I think that when you tell these kids that they've got a good head on their shoulders, they strive to live up to it.

Just a thought for ya to chew on though Santa...your folks know you're growing up. Try not to give them too much to worry about. Ya might even tell them ya love em...especially your dad.

Al once again you have said it well :clap: I do not think my parents thought I would make it to be 20 and now I have daughters and we talk about every think that could cause them pain in life early and often. I hope this boy can see why most everyone on this board thinks he is taking way to many large risk in his young life because we have been there. I believe God carried me through those years it is the only way I could have made it. Drugs were not the problem at 17 for my group as they are today. I have seen first hand what happens when a parent just lets go of the rope :noon: Well Santabot I do hope you find the THREAD of TRUTH in life and do not stay on the road you are on it will kill you and hurt your family more than you can know at this time and when you do know it just might be to late. Good post Al :clap:

Santabot 04-26-2007 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
As I've read Santa's posts, I've been mindful of the fact that he's only 17, and his thoughts and opinions are likely to change many times, about a great many topics, as the years go by. Just like LateNight, I too thought I knew it all at that age and I agree with him 100% that we're lucky to be alive. However, I dont recall Santa ever claimin to "know it all"...in fact, if I'm not mistaken, he even said that one of the reasons he signed up here at SBLive was to learn. What I found more disturbin than his prior drug use or his current religious beliefs was his admission that he isnt on the best of terms with his parents, but thats not all that surprisin either, considerin his age. We all have to learn life's lessons for ourselves...no amount of good, well-intentioned advice can ever take the place of personal experience...we have to make our own mistakes, sometimes even makin the same ones over and over if thats what it takes. I was certainly no different. I guess what I'm gettin at here is that maybe we should just try to advise him when he asks for it, without slappin him upside his head with the condescendin attitude. He knows he's just a kid, he doesnt need to have it thrown in his face every time he expresses himself here on the board. I think that when we tell these kids that they've got a good head on their shoulders, they'll strive to live up to it.

Just a thought for ya to chew on though, Santa...your folks know you're growin up. Try not to give them too much to worry about. Ya might even tell them ya love em...especially your dad.

So when Al repeats what I say, everyone understands, but when I say it, I'm an idiot child.

Yea, Al, I agree with you, I know I'm just 17, but the fact that I even try to contend with the likes of the people here shows something else that I could care less the treatment I get, as long as I provide a message, and it doesn't mean it's right, but at least I think I'm exploring outside goals that aren't necessarily on the majority agenda of Americans in general.

I do listen to people here, most of them, there are a few that have nothing to say but complain and whine about how I'm only 17 and I'm worthless, but that's probably just what they've been set up to be themselves: failures without chance of parole, y'know? If you want me to change my views, give me something better, don't just tell me I'm stupid and try to kill my faith in humanity and life itself. I know I don't know everything, and I know I'll certainly change over the years, because I've changed more dramatically in the past year than I ever have, but I still don't think my current drug use has had any effect on my character, if anything, it's made me more responsible about handling certain situations.

I can be wrong, I most probably am, but the fact I bring to this board is: I'm 17, not 30+ like most of you here probably, and there are more than one or two ways to see things; whether or not you or I consider them "wrong" has no foundation in itself, and I don't believe any historical text really can condense the essence of human life itself and cover all chapters of it. Everyone will have their own ways based on their own experiences, two days can't happen twice, and no two people ever see the same perspective; hell, we don't even know if we're all seeing the same colors in our brains!

If I were weak and thought I knew it all, and believed there was nothing to learn from being involved in this board, I wouldn't be here anymore, but I've taken my share of abuse, and probably will continue to do so, but just realize that some people have more character underneath their layers of ignorance and intolerance, don't promote early molting but also don't try to tape them back on.

AnimeSpirit 04-26-2007 10:42 AM

Hmm, I think you have some valid points there. While I don't agree with the use of unnecessary drugs, I do agree that consequence is a much better teacher than we are. With any luck, your foresight of consequences will help too before the consequences become too great.

Texasbelle 04-26-2007 10:51 AM

Santa no one here has thought you are an idiot. The only thing we are truly getting you to try and see is the consequences of the drugs and that you are not realistically seeing what they can do to you. Even if we have not first hand used them for ourselves does not mean that we can not know the destructive nature they can bring to one's life or others around you. The only reason we are trying to point this out to you is that it is very obvious that you are a bright, intelligent young man who has much potential to bring something to the table. Don't throw it away trying to prove something if that is the case. I don't have to know you personally to care about you.

You have stated on this forum more than once though that you have driven high. It does give me cause for concern for you see I have a child who drives on the same streets that you do. I drive with a precious child in the car on the same streets that you do. My husband and other extended family do as well. You may think you are capable but you are not. I would like to see you give this up for your safety as well as others.

This is a naivete that youth provides us but a wisdom that age gives us. Learn from us on this board and take to heart what we are trying to pass along to you. We truly care about you and what happens to you. Al was right to let your parents know that you love them. They obviously love you. Life is brief. Your parents are only here just like you for a moment. Cherish those moments because you can't get any of them back once they are gone.

FACT 04-26-2007 11:49 AM

Santabot from your posts it does not sound like you are listening to the wiser older people on this board. Animespirit who is closer to your age agrees with the elders on here and has stated such. Nothing good comes from the use of drugs. From reading everyone's posts no one is against you. I think they are fearful for you because of your attitude about drugs. Your posts have been combative from my interpretation. Why would you expect people to be friendly? As a child would say, your started it first.
________
MistressKarra

Isaac-Saxxon 04-26-2007 12:09 PM

Santabot is not going to change because of this board
 
Life is going to have to teach him the lessons. Maybe it will come in the form of a dead friend or a trip to jail ? Could be a car wreck or a bad trip that he can not come back from :nono:

rhertz 04-26-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Santabot is not going to change because of this board

I disagree. Just because Santabot doesn't not thank you all for the life tips doesn't mean that it didn't soak in just a little bit. ;) Having said that, sometimes people who truly want to help can go overboard and over do it.

Its time to move on and save someone else! hehehe Maybe its my turn! I'm not an addict but I do have this habit of being self employed and working too hard. I'm a workaholic. Please help me! :D

Isaac-Saxxon 04-30-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I disagree. Just because Santabot doesn't not thank you all for the life tips doesn't mean that it didn't soak in just a little bit. ;) Having said that, sometimes people who truly want to help can go overboard and over do it.

Its time to move on and save someone else! hehehe Maybe its my turn! I'm not an addict but I do have this habit of being self employed and working too hard. I'm a workaholic. Please help me! :D

rhertz you should start sleeping late and get a good cup of coffee then go to work say around 10:30 or 11:00 each morning and then get out of there before say 3:00 and go home and spend some quality time with your family. Do not worry about money everybody has a sugar daddy somewhere. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com