Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Officer charged in taped beating apparently kills himself (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740)

piemaker720 06-11-2007 08:09 PM

Officer charged in taped beating apparently kills himself
 
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/11/off....ap/index.html

Quote:

A former New Orleans police officer charged in the videotaped beating of a man after Hurricane Katrina apparently shot himself to death about a month before his trial, authorities said Monday
Sounds to me like he knew he was guilty.

AnimeSpirit 06-12-2007 09:24 AM

It certainly sounds that way. It's bad enough they commit suicide after murdering others, but now these morons who get caught doing something illegal are killing themselves for the minor crimes too. That certainly sounds like natural selection at work.

BrainSmashR 06-12-2007 12:13 PM

No what's sad is that some piece of crap can be arrested for public intoxication, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and public intimidation, but because the cop gave this piece of crap an attitude adjustment, he's charged with a crime and the piece of crap goes free so he can screw over somebody else.

NOW not only do we have one less cop on the street, we have one more criminal out there who should be behind bars.

joepole 06-12-2007 03:10 PM

If he's nutso enough to kill himself over this then I'd vote we're better off without him on the force.

howela 06-12-2007 03:17 PM

I am waiting on the headline that says, "Sad and lonely late last night O.J. took a .38 and did the right thing."

piemaker720 06-12-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela
I am waiting on the headline that says, "Sad and lonely late last night O.J. took a .38 and did the right thing."

Ain't gonna happen, he's still trying to sell his book.:laugh: :laugh:

BrainSmashR 06-12-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
If he's nutso enough to kill himself over this then I'd vote we're better off without him on the force.


Probably so...

...although that doesn't justify letting the perp go free on all charges.

and I'll pick a cop who would rather die than go to jail over a guy NOT scared of assaulting a New Orleans police officer, any day of the week!!

Isaac-Saxxon 06-12-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
If he's nutso enough to kill himself over this then I'd vote we're better off without him on the force.

I agree with this post. If he was riding the edge he should not have a badge and a gun. The guy that broke the law should not go free either so they will get the bad guy on his next crime. This is all too sad that their has to be a next time. The system at work.

piemaker720 06-12-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I agree with this post. If he was riding the edge he should not have a badge and a gun. The guy that broke the law should not go free either so they will get the bad guy on his next crime. This is all too sad that their has to be a next time. The system at work.

Yes Isaac, but the guy that was beaten did not break any laws I guess because all charges were dropped on him. He had come back a few weeks after the hurricane to check on his property. You know at that time the cps were runnung bad there. Stealing cars, beating people up and even killing some. So I say again the officer must be in the wrong or why commit suicide a few weeks before court. His court date was for around june 28.

BrainSmashR 06-12-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Yes Isaac, but the guy that was beaten did not break any laws I guess because all charges were dropped on him. He had come back a few weeks after the hurricane to check on his property. You know at that time the cps were runnung bad there. Stealing cars, beating people up and even killing some. So I say again the officer must be in the wrong or why commit suicide a few weeks before court. His court date was for around june 28.

Although I don't know the facts, your "conclusion" is based on faulty logic.

The charges were most likely dropped because it's been determined that the perps rights were violated during the arrests. Just like Rodney King.....in a stolen car, running from police, had crack in his pocket, refused to get down on the ground when ordered by several officers, but because they beat him, all charges were dropped and he got to sue.

Exact same story here, just different variables...some butthole needlessly creates a stressful situation by running from the cops in a stolen vehicle, or taking a swing at a cop after a hurricane destroys his hometown and the governor declares martial law , and then cries like a little ***** when the cops whips his punk@$$

Isaac-Saxxon 06-13-2007 05:48 AM

Now that sounds like a good head cracker.

joepole 06-13-2007 08:34 AM

And one of the officers convicted for the King beating (people forget two of them were actually convicted and served prison time) tried to kill himself, as well.

piemaker720 06-13-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
And one of the officers convicted for the King beating (people forget two of them were actually convicted and served prison time) tried to kill himself, as well.

Very good Joe, Don't you just hate people that don't know what their talking about.:laugh: :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com