Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Culture & Community (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Sagging Pants May Have Contributed To Fatal Shooting (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2305)

piemaker720 08-01-2007 09:52 AM

Sagging Pants May Have Contributed To Fatal Shooting
 
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/13781890/detail.html

Quote:

A teenager shot to death by an officer as he fled a burglary scene may have tried to pull up his sagging pants, causing the officer to mistake the movement for a reach for a weapon, according to court documents.
You know them saggy pants will cause you trouble. Like this person couldn't run for his pants.:D

joepole 08-01-2007 10:31 AM

I believe Marquis Hudspeth, one of Shreveport's finest citizens, had a similar problem.

http://home.sport.rr.com/squeamish/marquis1.jpg

LateNight 08-01-2007 11:37 AM

well there ya have it. Sagging pants is dangerous to your health. :cool:

rhertz 08-01-2007 11:42 AM

It's not just sagging pants, but running from the cops that gets officers so jacked up to begin with. I never ran from the police before, but if I did, and I got caught, I would expect some rough treatment while their blood pressure was still high and adrenaline still flowing. Regardless of pants, people who freeze and put their hands on their head usually don't get shot after that.

Texasbelle 08-01-2007 11:49 AM

Agreed on all points. I heard that last week a bunch of Shreveport teenagers met to discuss Shreveport police and what they police is abuse by the police. They believe they are being treated unfairly by not being able to loiter around downtown late at night after the curfew and they also think there has been some brutality lately against a man who resisted arrest. My point is A: don't resist arrest and B: Obey the curfew and C: Don't loiter and then you will get D: No problems with the police.

joepole 08-01-2007 11:50 AM

I ran from the police once when i was about 15 and the cop at McDonalds took my beer and was taking me in the back to call my dad. I was a mile ahead of that guy until some jerks that had been in the parking lot caught me in their car.

rhertz 08-01-2007 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I ran from the police once when i was about 15 and the cop at McDonalds took my beer and was taking me in the back to call my dad. I was a mile ahead of that guy until some jerks that had been in the parking lot caught me in their car.

Joepole running from the cops.........

Attachment 1267

Pocahontas 08-01-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Joepole running from the cops.........

Attachment 1267

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

joepole 08-01-2007 02:41 PM

I assure you my pants were firmly secured at my waist at the time.

rhertz 08-01-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I assure you my pants were firmly secured at my waist at the time.

Yeah, but was your hand holding your unit? :duck:

piemaker720 08-01-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Yeah, but was your hand holding your unit? :duck:


You guys, you either got to wear your pants drooping down or walk around holding your package like your worried a wienner fairy is about to attack. Do you ever see women walking around grabbing themselves? What is it, you worried its going to fall down your pants leg without your knowledge. Watch out for the fairy, she culd sneak up on you.:laugh: :laugh: :pray: :pray:

Pocahontas 08-01-2007 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
You guys, you either got to wear your pants drooping down or walk around holding your package like your worried a wienner fairy is about to attack. Do you ever see women walking around grabbing themselves? What is it, you worried its going to fall down your pants leg without your knowledge. Watch out for the fairy, she culd sneak up on you.:laugh: :laugh: :pray: :pray:

Attachment 1268

Watch out for the weiner fairies!!!!!!!! Here they come!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 08-01-2007 07:24 PM

Is this as dangerous as sagging gardens. Low beams :laugh: :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com