Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Culture & Community (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Driving Me Crazy (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2612)

Huldah 09-13-2007 08:00 PM

Driving Me Crazy
 
Question: What is the strangest thing that you have done or seen someone do while driving a car?

I was driving on the interstate highway today and I could not believe the guy in front of me could not have been paying attention to driving. He was driving about 70 mph (I know this because I was hoping he would move over and let me past). Anyway, I have to say, "if you can't talk without using your hands, you have no business talking on your cell phone WHILE DRIVING." You could tell that this guy was holding his phone to his ear with his left hand and gesturing wildly with his right hand. I was actually afraid to find a crazier driver on the road than me. I was also a little fascinated that he kept the car moving in a straight line at those speeds with no hands. That's good front end alignment. I'm sure glad I wasn't tailgating.

Please be safe on the roads out there.

Texasbelle 09-13-2007 08:04 PM

I am glad I wasn't on the road with him. I noticed today an UPS driver pulling an 18 wheeler in the middle of town trying to turn from Youree Drive onto Bert Kouns all while talking on his cell phone. He had one hand on the cell phone, one hand on the wheel, and used the elbow of the cell phone holding arm to help turn the wheel.

My pet peeve are the ones you can see trying to send text messages while trying to drive. That is totally crazy to me!

joepole 09-14-2007 12:09 AM

>I'm sure glad I wasn't tailgating.

>I am glad I wasn't on the road with him.

Why, did he do something erratic or accident-causing?

vixweb 09-14-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21217)

Why, did he do something erratic or accident-causing?

Was driving with no hands NOT enough? Surely, you can come up with better sarcasm than that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

howela 09-14-2007 08:01 AM

Driving peeve
 
I see many people eating while driving. I'm not talking about the one dipping into some 'tator chips. I've seen people driving with elbows with both hands trying to manage that triple patty whopper with frys piled on the dash.
I also think it's funny when I see a wild driver weaving in and out of lanes while speeding but always use their turn signal. They break several traffic laws but have to use that turn signal.

Isaac-Saxxon 09-14-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huldah (Post 21211)
Question: What is the strangest thing that you have done or seen someone do while driving a car?

I was driving on the interstate highway today and I could not believe the guy in front of me could not have been paying attention to driving. He was driving about 70 mph (I know this because I was hoping he would move over and let me past). Anyway, I have to say, "if you can't talk without using your hands, you have no business talking on your cell phone WHILE DRIVING." You could tell that this guy was holding his phone to his ear with his left hand and gesturing wildly with his right hand. I was actually afraid to find a crazier driver on the road than me. I was also a little fascinated that he kept the car moving in a straight line at those speeds with no hands. That's good front end alignment. I'm sure glad I wasn't tailgating.

Please be safe on the roads out there.

You be safe you speed demon !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LateNight 09-14-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huldah (Post 21211)
Question: What is the strangest thing that you have done or seen someone do while driving a car?


Well maybe the funniest looking thing I saw.. Driving up Youree one day at Lunch, I see this corvette, with a sun roof. the guy driving, kind of looked like Lurch from the Adams Family.. He was so tall, he had his head sticking out the Sun roof.. just drivin' down the road. I couldn't stop laughing. :yes:

:gosaints: TGIF

joepole 09-14-2007 09:22 AM

>Was driving with no hands NOT enough?

Enough to do what, hurt somebody or even affect them in any way? Apparently not.

AnimeSpirit 09-14-2007 09:42 AM

The strangest thing I ever saw on the road? Well, several years ago, I was driving through Minden and saw several guys piled into a kiddy pool that was sitting in the back of their pickup truck. They were actually riding down the road like this and it looked like they were having some kind of mobile drinking/pool party. Very redneck! ;)

purpahurl 09-14-2007 11:07 AM

One time in Austin TX on the interstate we wer going 80 traffic is bumper to bumper and this crotch rocket flys by us like we are standing still. Speaking of standing, this guy was standing on the seat driving and apparently his legs got tired so he just climbs over the handle bars and sits down right over the front tire. It scared me just seeing this.

vixweb 09-14-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 21237)

Enough to do what, hurt somebody or even affect them in any way? Apparently not.

How far did you follow them to see? Would it have happened only during observation?:rolleyes:

rhertz 09-15-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpahurl (Post 21242)
One time in Austin TX on the interstate we wer going 80 traffic is bumper to bumper and this crotch rocket flys by us like we are standing still. Speaking of standing, this guy was standing on the seat driving and apparently his legs got tired so he just climbs over the handle bars and sits down right over the front tire. It scared me just seeing this.

I've seen people driving while reading a book, but nothing like that! Sure it wasn't Evil Knievel?

Pocahontas 09-15-2007 11:12 AM

There was this man in the town I grew up in and when you saw him coming down the road you knew to move out of the way. He was always weaving all over the place. Rumor has it that he was driving and reading....(I mean ogling) Playboy!:eek:

rhertz 09-15-2007 11:35 AM

I've seen guys shave while driving and girls put on their makeup while driving. But with today's DVD car video systems you can now add "watching porn" to the list.

vixweb 09-15-2007 05:34 PM

I work accidents EVERYDAY, and every time I think I've seen it all- I see something crazier!:crazy: Usually, speed is the main problem. People are FAR too comfortable in these newer vehicles, it takes the "driving" out of driving. You have to remember that your in a 2 ton hunk of metal rolling down the road, that may or may not stop when you want it to. It's funny how "shocked" people seem when their car has a problem, especially when its a Mercedes or something, as if the $100,000 car will not have problems:laugh:- I haven't seen a machine yet that WON'T break!:peace:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com