Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lawn & Garden (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone still watering their lawn? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3079)

Morpheus 11-18-2007 06:46 PM

Anyone still watering their lawn?
 
I haven't watered since mid September. Got some drizzle today, but haven't had real rain in ages. The summer started out so promising too.

rhertz 11-18-2007 06:49 PM

Yes... I am. I was just telling someone today how the city was complaining a few months about about millions in shortfalls due to the spring and early summer rains.. (i.e. rates are about to go up) Now it's November and I'm still doubling my water bill by watering my lawn and shrubs. And I heard that the city wants to raise our water rates.... Go figure....

Isaac-Saxxon 11-18-2007 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24923)
Yes... I am. I was just telling someone today how the city was complaining a few months about about millions in shortfalls due to the spring and early summer rains.. (i.e. rates are about to go up) Now it's November and I'm still doubling my water bill by watering my lawn and shrubs. And I heard that the city wants to raise our water rates.... Go figure....

My yard was watered this afternoon. No need to water Gophers they do just fine with out the water :rolleyes:
Attachment 1844
I hate these little bastards !!!!!!!!!

Morpheus 11-18-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 24926)
My yard was watered this afternoon. No need to water Gophers they do just fine with out the water :rolleyes:
Attachment 1844
I hate these little bastards !!!!!!!!!

That's one mean looking b!tch. (hey rhertz, how'd I do that time?)

rhertz 11-18-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 24933)
That's one mean looking b!tch. (hey rhertz, how'd I do that time?)

:thumbsup: And I agree. I have voles in my yard but no gophers... I do like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack if that counts....


Isaac-Saxxon 11-19-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 24941)
:thumbsup: And I agree. I have voles in my yard but no gophers... I do like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack if that counts....


Varmentcong is right ! You see one of these evil little bastards find a weapon and use it !! :eek::eek::eek:

purpahurl 11-19-2007 09:35 AM

I've been watering from a bayou behind my house. I've got a pump I hooked up and I can reach anywhere in my yard. It's just like free water.

The other day I tried to turn it on and it just hummed. I thought ants might be on the contacts, WRONG, a bunch of lizards, now the motor is fried, so I'm looking at a new one. With my yard it is cheaper to buy a pump than it is to pay the city.

joepole 11-19-2007 01:13 PM

I haven't watered in maybe a month, but I did Sunday morning because I want everything to look decent for Thanksgiving.

Texasbelle 11-19-2007 06:25 PM

How do you get rid of those critters in your yard? Seriously. They are tearing our yard up.

Isaac-Saxxon 11-19-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 24984)
How do you get rid of those critters in your yard? Seriously. They are tearing our yard up.

We have a freak yard man that kills them all the time and brings them to the door to show my wife :laugh: we still have them all the time. If I lived in the country I would use my shotgun :mad:

purpahurl 11-20-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon (Post 24985)
We have a freak yard man that kills them all the time and brings them to the door to show my wife :laugh: we still have them all the time. If I lived in the country I would use my shotgun :mad:

Is his name Catdaddy? Does he bring them in his mouth?

Morpheus 11-21-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 24970)
I haven't watered in maybe a month, but I did Sunday morning because I want everything to look decent for Thanksgiving.

Gonna water mine today, for the inlaws, but maybe it's too late. At least we don't live in Georgia!

Isaac-Saxxon 11-21-2007 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus (Post 25136)
Gonna water mine today, for the inlaws, but maybe it's too late. At least we don't live in Georgia!

The weather channel says rain today but they are not known for being right but more left ;) The planet is warming up :nono: and cooling down :laugh: So Morpheus are the inlaws coming to meet the Fockers ???

rhertz 11-21-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 24984)
How do you get rid of those critters in your yard? Seriously. They are tearing our yard up.

Gopher/mole/vole bait. There are several brands. It is a peanut based bait made into pellets. Just find a trail and take a spoon and dig a small hole and drop in a teaspoon of pellets and cover the hole back. The next night as they traverse their tunnel, bam, its dinner time! The last meal that is...

purpahurl 11-21-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle (Post 24984)
How do you get rid of those critters in your yard? Seriously. They are tearing our yard up.

You need to set up a Gopher/Mole blind in your house and shoot them.

Then you can get that monkey off your back about not having fired a gun indoors.:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com