Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comedy (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   China ships poisonous turkeys (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3251)

LateNight 12-13-2007 03:20 PM

China ships poisonous turkeys
 
at least I think it's a joke :laugh::laugh::laugh:

China ships poisonous turkeys

Quote:

Officials from a major food exporter in China apologized to American consumers today for shipping over 70 million poisonous turkeys to the U.S. early last week but indicated that it was "too late" for a recall of their toxic food product.

A spokesman for the Wuhan Food Exportation Company said that while the company "deeply regretted" the shipment, the error was not discovered until Friday morning, making a recall of the birds "virtually impossible."

"It would be problematic to recall such a massive shipment," the spokesman said. "Those turkeys were sent to virtually every store in the U.S."

At a press conference on Saturday to discuss what went wrong with the shipment of turkeys, Wuhan officials revealed that the birds had been fed an experimental combination of birdseed, lead pellets and date-rape drugs.

"Going forward, we're going to skip the lead pellets," said Qiu Liangyong, the company's public relations director.

In an attempt to regain the confidence of the American consumer, Qiu said that in the future, all turkeys shipped to the United States would include a warning label, but under tough questioning from reporters, he conceded that the label would be printed in Chinese.

At the conclusion of the press conference, Qiu indicated that he was "confident" that the company could regain U.S. consumers' trust in time for the Christmas season: "We have 80 million delicious Christmas hams just waiting to be shipped."

Pocahontas 12-13-2007 04:53 PM

They continue to poison our food and our children's toys, coincidence.... perhaps NOT!:confused:

rhertz 12-13-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas (Post 26559)
They continue to poison our food and our children's toys, coincidence.... perhaps NOT!:confused:

Yeah but they make Mardi Gras beads which makes American chicks flash their titties.... Chinese Magic perhaps? :D

Morpheus 12-13-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26566)
Yeah but they make Mardi Gras beads which makes American chicks flash their titties.... Chinese Magic perhaps? :D

No it's Calgon-Ancient Chinese Secret


joepole 12-13-2007 11:13 PM

I dove hunt in Argentina and down there we shoot lead pellets into the fields covered with the crops they're planning to eat.

rhertz 12-13-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 26569)
I dove hunt in Argentina and down there we shoot lead pellets into the fields covered with the crops they're planning to eat.

I dove hunt south of Shreveport and down there we shoot lead shot into fields of corn, soybeans, cotton, etc.. We feed our corn to cows and deer then eat the cows and deer... Not to mention the fact that we eat the doves! :D

j.nc 12-14-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 26570)
I dove hunt south of Shreveport and down there we shoot lead shot into fields of corn, soybeans, cotton, etc.. We feed our corn to cows and deer then eat the cows and deer... Not to mention the fact that we eat the doves! :D

I guess you take them home and cook 'em up first, right? I mean... just askin'.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com