Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Old Restaurant thread (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729)

Isabella 03-24-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Great steaks, lobster, shrimp and lamb too. It cost about 50 - 60.00 a head and maybe more with adult beverage. I have been there many times and the dress code is in the upper end and service is great. Ask for Phillip he is one of the best. There is Joey, Brian many others. It is about a two hour meal and much fun and no kids. Oh it is located near I-20 and Stoner by the old Doctors Hospital.
Isaac

I would love to try it, but I have a son in a wheelchair that goes everywhere we go. Is Village accessible?

Isaac-Saxxon 03-25-2007 05:45 AM

I would think that all public businesses would be accesible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
I would love to try it, but I have a son in a wheelchair that goes everywhere we go. Is Village accessible?

It is all on one floor and yes I would think it is wheelchair accessible. I think you would need to call for reservations and you might ask Phillip. Great food and lots of good memories. :clap:
Isaac

lima4specter 11-29-2007 10:15 AM

old sansone's restaurant
 
does anyone know or remember where the old sansone's restaurant is/was? A group of us are trying to figure it out....Thanks.

joepole 11-29-2007 11:06 AM

Searching for the KEEL treasure?

Morpheus 11-29-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lima4specter (Post 25610)
does anyone know or remember where the old sansone's restaurant is/was? A group of us are trying to figure it out....Thanks.

youree and kings

Morpheus 11-29-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole (Post 25614)
Searching for the KEEL treasure?

where are the clues???

joepole 11-29-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

where are the clues???
Clues are here.

To answer the question, though, Sansone's was on the North side of E. Kings, East of Youree, next to Deli Casino. I'm not sure what is there now, some kind of lounge, I think.

joepole 11-29-2007 11:16 AM

The only public place those clues seem to lead to is the park next to A.C. Steere.

Morpheus 11-29-2007 11:51 AM

Thanks!

Pocahontas 11-29-2007 05:37 PM

Anybody remember Toudan's? It was where Imperial Cathay is now. It was kind of like TGI Fridays. Has anyone tried the new Friday's yet?

decolady 12-29-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 3348)
Mrs Hertz and I were talking about old restaurants that are no longer in business here in Shreveport Bossier. These come to mind...
[snip]
And how about Fertitta's and Monseur's?? Or Abes?? that's going wayyyy back

Good evening friends. My first post on this forum. I haven't lived in NW Louisiana in many years. My grandmother lived south of you in Grand Cane and would always take me to eat at Abe's when I would visit her. Sorry to hear that it is no longer. Anyone know what happened to it?

Also remember:
Sansones (S'port Barksdale Hwy), Pizza Inn (Kings and Youree), Shaky's Pizza (Shreve City), and the Alphies Fish and Chips (Pierremont).

Wasn't Weismans the place that always had the huge pot of soup where you served yourself? Seems to me I remember going there when I was in college. The Big Chain Cafeteria in Shreve City was another favourite place to go with my grandmother - for dessert. They always had Butter Roll, which she said was just like her grandmother used to make it. Didn't Shreve City also used to have a Woolworth's with a lunch counter? I remember eating fried shrimp there.

Is Strawn's Eat Shop still across from Centenary with their fresh strawberry and peach pies in season?

howela 12-30-2007 01:54 PM

Add Freeman and Harris and Pete Harris cafe to the list of gone but not forgotton.
I would take my Canadian relatives there when they visit, to have a taste of southern cookin'.
I didn't think it was worth the trip otherwise.

rhertz 12-30-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decolady (Post 27042)
Good Sansones (S'port Barksdale Hwy), Pizza Inn (Kings and Youree), Shaky's Pizza (Shreve City), and the Alphies Fish and Chips (Pierremont).

yeah I loved Alphies... I thought it was better than Author Treachers Fish and Chips..


Quote:

Originally Posted by decolady (Post 27042)
Wasn't Weismans the place that always had the huge pot of soup where you served yourself? Seems to me I remember going there when I was in college.

Yep, and they also had a pot of steaming hot tamales. Each 1/2 dozen was wrapped in foil like the zwollie tamales of today.


Quote:

Originally Posted by decolady (Post 27042)
The Big Chain Cafeteria in Shreve City was another favourite place to go with my grandmother - for dessert. They always had Butter Roll, which she said was just like her grandmother used to make it. Didn't Shreve City also used to have a Woolworth's with a lunch counter? I remember eating fried shrimp there.

Yes all good. The Lo-mart on youree had great fried chicken. I also miss the ham poboys from Cobb's on Kings... (with pickles and cole slaw)

Quote:

Originally Posted by decolady (Post 27042)
Is Strawn's Eat Shop still across from Centenary with their fresh strawberry and peach pies in season?

Yes, there is also Strawn's Too and another in Bossier. I had a burger and strawberry pie just yesterday! hmmmmm...

decolady 12-30-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz (Post 27053)
Yes, there is also Strawn's Too and another in Bossier. I had a burger and strawberry pie just yesterday! hmmmmm...

Three Strawns? That's amazing. I'd love to have a piece of that pie right now!

I thought of another two more that I don't know if they are still there or not - Kon Tiki (in the 70s we thought it very exotic to eat there) and Brocato's.

j.nc 01-01-2008 10:45 PM

Thanks for some memories decolady !

A little off topic but any of you techsters eat at the Blue Light? There was another soul food place in Ruston I onlywent to once and cannot recall the name but we always went to the Blue Light.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com