View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #54
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 296 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
I actually tried sushi today for the first time. I must say it was delicious. It was a "to go" order, so no specialty serving as posted above by Isaac. Salmon & tuna - mmmmm....

I might as well admit that I like raw oysters, too - with hot sauce & saltines. Sorry ladies. I hope it's not too disgraceful to our alliance, but I like it raw...

Congratulations Sheba!! I am very proud of you for trying sushi. The fact that you liked it has me pleased as well but it takes guts that first time. The next time you eat cooked salmon and tuna, today's experience will give you a whole new perspective. I used to like cooked fish (and still do) but IF IT IS FRESH ENOUGH I prefer my tuna or salmon raw with a bit of soy sauce mixed with wasabi. Seared (very rare) is good too.

Here's a pretty good receipe for tuna tartar. Cube up some sushi grade tuna into 1/4 inch cubes and do the same for some cucumber. Add some olive oil and seasoning and mix it all together and press it into a mold and punch it out onto a plate. Serve it with your favorite chips. I like a squirt of hot chili sauce in it.

IMHO the very best raw tuna dish in town is at Superior Steakhouse. It is an appetizer called "Seared Ahi Tuna" and it is how tuna is supposed to be, even in Shreveport.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote