View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #10
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
I have to disagree Brain. I think Francis Thompson and his ilk are the most disgusting waste of tax dollars. What about the private sugar cane mills that are struggling and we foot the bill for two brand new ones or the Hightower Hilton that no private intity would invest in, that was only 50 mil. or the unpaid golf rounds in New Orleans the state pays for the list is never ending. The state keeps getting smaller yet Govt. gets bigger.
Will the hotel provide new jobs for the citizens of our state?
Will the sugar mill provide new jobs for our citizens even if temporary, and a product to be sold at profit?

What do the Saints provide other than entertainment? Remember, the Super dome is an entity outside of the Saints and all of the jobs created as a result of that structure exist with or without the Saints just like they do in the off season with auto shows and other various exhibitions....and even if those concession stands are going bankrupt, it wouldn't cost $186 million to keep OR replace them.

Hey, I'm willing to debate the issue, I just don't see the Saints as anything more than a needless entertainment expense and I CAN find at least one piece of a silver lining in most of the other crap our state does.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote