Thread: Water...
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #21
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
It's $4,300 a year to view that journal, so you'll forgive me if I don't give you the link. Will the author's description of the conclusions suffice?

Thirst is, in fact, a very sensitive mechanism for regulating fluid intake, according to Barbara Rolls, PhD, a nutrition researcher at Pennsylvania State University. In a 1984 study in Physiology and Behavior, she and a group of colleagues at Oxford University followed a group of men as they went through their normal day. Left to their own devices, the volunteers became thirsty and drank long before their hydration levels showed any signs of dipping.

Says Rolls, "If people have access to water or other fluid beverages, they seem to do a very good job of maintaining hydration levels."

Exactly what I said, thirst by itself isn't an indication of dehydration. You haven't made some startling discovery, joe, you've merely "verified" a fact most of us already know in an feeble attempt at starting an argument......better luck next time.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote