View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #23
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 296 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
You know I like to watch the swimsuit part of a pageant. I just do not understand the kiddie pageants and how much the parents push their children to win and the kids are just trying to please the parents
I don't remember kiddie pageants when I was little, but then again I'm a boy so maybe I didn't notice. We did have "talent shows" which were for both boys and girls and I think those are a fun experience for everyone.

I agree with your point. We all know men oggle over the girls in Miss Universe and Miss Teen USA pageants which I ok since they are 18 and over. But dressing up pre-teens like they were adults and putting them on stage is just wrong IMHO. Maybe it is good for their esteem and other benefits that I won't argue, but unfortunately there are too many creeps in this world that tend to ruin things for everybody.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote