View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 PM   #57
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 263 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I'm just very curious Anime to know how and when you were introduced to paganism? Most of us were introduced to Christianity from our parents. Was/is your household pagan?
Actually, I'm the only Pagan in my entire family, let alone my household. I grew up in a loose Baptist family from Jonesboro, LA, where I acquired my Christian education. Shortly after high school, I joined the military and moved to Florida where I was stationed. While I was there, I picked up an interest in tarot reading. I found it such a fascinating topic that I picked up other books on various occult-related topics and divination, met some of the local Craft users, and the path just sat right with me. Not long after, I began wearing a pentacle necklace not unlike the one I wear today.

I'm not here to recruit people to Paganism, but I find it to be much broader and with so much to learn. Including prayer, there are numerous skills that easily prove useful to a practitioner in daily life.