View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #52
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 266 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I have a child just a little younger than you so I understand your point completely. She registered to vote as soon as she turned 18. She understands the importance of voting and I am certain that she votes when the opportunity has presented itself.

Anime, studying for deciding on who you are going to vote is not that hard. We are not talking Anatomy here or Brain surgery. You are not going to be graded on this. But this country needs each of us to do it. Now when did I first take an interest in politics? I began watching the news with my grandparents as a small child. I took a keen interest in it. I can remember watching the whole Watergate scandal and asking my grandfather all about it. I had to know all the details. I am sure that I didn't completely understand it, but I knew it was important. I have had to read the news every day since and watch it. Doesn't take long, but I keep up. When I was in high school, I remember such serious discussions with my Civics teacher about politics. I've always had the interest but it really got going when the first Iraq war began. My first husband was a Marine and was sent overseas to fight. There were demonstrations in Shreveport against the war and people fighting in it. I was only 22 at the time. I was so mad and I actively campaigned against these folks. It was during that time, as a young 22 y/o mother of two that I knew I could make a difference with my voice and my vote. And you can too Anime as a 24 y/o college student. It doesn't take much, but if each of us give something, be it a vote or even time on this board debating the issues and listening to each other and sharing knowledge, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote