View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
but you see my point is that most people think it's okay to legislate business and industry, but not individuals. who has to foot the bill in court? is it the smokers that smoked all of those years? no, it's big tobacco who sold them those "cancer sticks".

I think it's been shown that cigarettes cause harm, and most of us agree that it stinks. So why is it not fair to legislate that?

And drinking alcohol kills brain cells etc etc.. Here's the deal.. assuming the tobacco company is up front.. ie COVERED IN WARNINGS that the stuff can cause this and that AND death.. I feel they are covered. You can't claim anymore you didn't know they were bad for you.

So.. who is the government to come between me and my tobacco dealer.
I should be free to enter into an agreement with anyone, any business, to buy their product. Be it, cigarettes, beer, a hooker, a drug dealer etc..
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote