View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Isaac, I did get my tar baby tan on and it looks GOOD! I am one of the olive skin ones who tans easily and therefore ages quite well. It is the fair skin folks that don't age quite so nicely as us darker ones.

I do happen to have the inside track on the melanoma/tanning/sunblock line.

Melanoma: Rhertz...a doctor would never touch this by freezing it. You must be confusing it with squamous cell carcinoma or basal cell. Melanoma is the deadly kind which does metastasize to other organs. Often times it usually goes to the brain and lungs. It is not an easy death not that any are but some are worse than others. Did you know that you can get melanoma in your eye? Yes, you can. If you can take a step to prevent this disease, then by all means you should.

Now the best protection against it in terms of sunscreen is Aveeno's sunblock. It has an ingrediant in it proven to do the job. There was an article in US News and World Report last week giving the whole low down on sunblocks last week and explaining this. If you can find it and read it, do so and educate yourself.

Tanning is only ok in moderation. A tanning bed is not safe. It is deceiving and is not good for teenagers. The teens overuse the beds. I think you should have to be 21 before you can use them, but that is just my thoughts.

Well, now I have had my say and given out some material. Hope it helps somebody.