View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>Knowing who your family is and where they came from is priority to me and should be for all people.

Why? Almost all of those people were long dead before you were even born.
Joe,
before I get "into" this one.. is your objection due to the use of the word "priority" or is it simply the thought about caring where it is we come from ?

LOL

personally I find it all very interesting. Before my father passed away, he was able to compile all sorts of good information together back in the late 80's. He had real good information for all the family lines, his mother's line and my mother's grandparents' line.. but the line for his father was a bit tougher. this is the line I find most interesting however.. I suppose since it corresponds with my last name as well.

After he died, we continued the search.. managed to find a few land deeds signed by relatives around the mid 1800's and leading up to the civil war.

through online searches and meeting up with someone who's already done some of the same research we were looking for.. got us back to a direct link to a fellow who was living in Boston in 1775.. I thought that was pretty cool.. the link breaks sometime before that some 50+ years before that, about a story about two brothers coming over on a boat to the new world .. wish I could get back farther than that.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote