View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
The chinese place served rat? Ive heard of korean places sellin dog, but man, thats too much! Yeah, I remember Shaky's Pizza...there was a neighborhood guy that worked there...Baldwin or somethin was his name...guy always smelled like pizza and we rarely ever saw him around. Heres one I bet nobody remembers...Luigi's Pizza, was at the front of the Sun City subdivision in Bossier City, in front of Parkway High School back in the early to mid 70's, next to the old 7-11, the 7-11 was a hardware place after that...and there was a small white brick building that was a beauty shop I think...or maybe it was a dog grooming business, cant remember now its been so long. Anyway, we used to pronounce Luigi's "Loogie's", which always got me and my brothers giggling. Inside, they had this picture on the wall...depending on how ya looked at it, it was either a picture of two victorian era ladies having tea, or it was a rather eerie skull...always thought it was a pretty strange picture to have hanging up on the wall of a resteraunt. Yeah, Pizza King was great...ate alot of good pizza and drank alot of beer there in the 90's...they had some weird wall art there, too...guess they closed not long after that. Seems the older I get, the more I find my thoughts turning back to those days, and remembering them thru rose colored filters, so to speak...when I KNOW that those days werent always good, like that line from the Billy Joel tune. We lived on Saturn street in Sun City when I was a kid back in the 70s, and we'd walk or ride our bikes all the way up to that 7-11 and get icees and candy...and I'd get those little packs of cinnamin or wintergreen toothpicks, maybe buy a comic book or one of those cheap balsawood planes you put together..if I had a bit more money I might even buy one of those planes with the rubberband powered propellers. Some of the songs on the radio were "The Night Chicago Died" by Paper Lace, Billy Swann's "I Can Help", and "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers, "Those Were The Days My Friend" by Mary Hopkins. My favorite toys were a lime green or lemon yellow "Duncan" Beginner's Yoyo ( I never was good enough with a yoyo that I could handle a Duncan "Imperial"), and a "Nerf" Fokker Tri-plane that never flew too good...or how about those foot-tall GI Joe action figures with the weird hair that would come off if ya got em wet? Yeah, its kind of alarming when I realize how often I think about those things. Just a different era. I cant help but think that these young people today are missing out on all that stuff.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 02-07-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote