View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #82
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
[quote=rhertz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba

Nodding, the big question for me personally is this? Would I do the same as He did? Maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't pass that test of faith by putting true discomfort to the test. I hope I never have to find out, to that extent. Heh, I doubt I would pass that degree of test. But on the otherhand, without being put to the test at some level, how do you know who you really are? Or what you can do?
I didn't ask you to compare yourself to god, I indicated how an omnipotent being should be able to come up with better solutions than torturing and murdering his own son.

If your god exists, he is a FAILURE, and unworthy of worship, plan and simple.
Quote:
I do believe this. Raising a family or running a company is uncomfortable at times. Even downright painful. But I do it, and with a smile on my face. Even when I don't feel like it. I don't even know why, which means that it became second nature. This means that something greater than I am has "soaked in" to me, and I am very happy even though I have never worked so hard or been in so much pain before. It seems to me that even "paradise on earth" is a relative thing.

Yep, but you don't claim to walk on water and have unlimited power, do you?