View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
The days of the big scare. I still remember the rations in the green barrels and the old familiar yellow sign that marked where to go when the atomic bomb hit. I wonder how many folks could fit in that rat hole and just how long they could stay ? I guess it may have served to make people sleep at night If we ever get hit I think I would like to be in the front yard watching and get hit in the face and not hunkered down with my arse in the air
Damn straight. We'll get hit for sure with Barksdale, but I bet we'll never know it.

Did y'all ever see that Twilight zone where the man had a huge bomb shelter under his house and what he thought was a nuclear war happened. He survived in his shelter, later they showed a family standing in a park looking at a giant concrete domb and a little girl asked "is daddy in there"? The mother said yes. Turns out a bomb fell off of a plane at the local Airforce Base and blew up. In the cleanup they scraped the whole town up and covered it in concrete and lead right on top of this mans shelter.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote