View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Maybe you two could hook up and watch the cartoons together My kids watched Anime when they where much younger but now they have a day job and pay taxes and do not seem to watch cartoons anymore.
Isaac
I can assure you that I have a steady job, I go to college (where I'm at the top of my class), and I not only pay my taxes, but I also file my own taxes too (H&R Block can't touch this! ). You seem to correspond anime with American cartoons which you obviously correspond to "childish entertainment" for people who just didn't grow up. I can safely assure you that this is definitely not the case with anime and it is certainly not the case with Americans who enjoy anime.

Anime is not merely a bunch of cartoons. It is quite the contrary! It is an artform in Japan, no different than any other, and is very popular in the U.S. for all ages. In Japan, every age group has their respective anime genres. Kids have the more playful animes with less complexity. Adults have anime with more action, drama, violence, and even romance (hentai anyone?). Unlike American animation, where audio is very unrealistic and video is unnaturally colorful and low-quality; Japanese anime has very high quality visual art, superb sound and music tracks, and storylines full of mythology, intriguingly realistic twists and suprises, and no expense is spared in creating an entertaining experience that encourages the viewers to feels the joys and pains of the characters as the story develops. It is truly a wonderful art!

The American connotations of what a cartoon is does not apply in the least to a cartoon that wasn't developed here.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote