View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodood
I was born on Pearl Harbor Day so I have a particular facination with this day in our history. I stayed up watching Pearl Harbor documentaries last night. My father is a WWII vet and I would like to thank all vets for their defense of our country and way of life. I am not ashamed to call myself an American or a Capitalist. (even though I like Sushi) In fact, I am proud to be here and enjoy the benefits of our forefathers couragous sacrifices. To live otherwise, would be a disrespect to what they fought for.
well here's a big thanks to your father for his service in WWII. My Grandfather and an uncle both worked in New Orleans at the Higgins Factory in New Orleans making Higgins' boats for the war. Had another uncle who 'drove' those boats during the war, was at Iwo Jima. other grandfather commanded a small boat (forget what kind) in the Pacific Campaign. My father was too young for WWII and almost ended up in Korea, fortunately for him it ended before he got sent overseas.

I certainly don't wish wars on ANY generation, but what all these folks went through.. I don't know if it's the experience of all that, that makes them the great generation that they are.. or were they already 'great' :-)
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote