View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #12
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Regulations, regulations. Like has been said before.. Yes we need "laws". No I can't legally rob you, however, I should be free to do what I want as long as I cause you no harm. A restaurant owner should be allowed to create whatever type of establishment they want.. they should be allowed to have a smoke free environment, or allow smoking if they want.

The government goes about randomly setting restrictions like this, making these choices for us.. that's not how this is supposed to work. Half the time it doesn't make much sense.. Alcohol is legal, but I can't walk down the street and buy a bag of marijuana from my neighbor if I want to without fear of getting busted.

They pass laws saying we have to wear motorcycle helmets, or can't smoke here or there, or can't buy beer on sundays. Sure smoking is bad for you, and riding without a helmet can be dangerous.. Drinking alcohol is bad for you and can be dangerous, however this IS legal ?

It's this feeling that the government owns' your ass from cradle to the grave.. taxed to heck and back like they own you.

The more we expect the government to restrict, regulate etc.. the BIGGER government gets. The bigger the government gets, the more freedoms you start to lose.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote